product ideas

Old May 26th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Chris

Default product ideas

I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

Old May 26th, 2004, 09:57 PM
MSeries

"Chris" wrote in message
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype

stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar

product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't

find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would

appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

I have been designing a lamp bracket to clip into the klick-fix mount which
is already on my handlebar. My barbag has a lamp bracket but I don't what to
have to use the bag just so I can mount my lights. An official klick-fix
plate could easily have a bar bolted to it but I feel something more custom
would be better, plus I haven't got a spare plate so far.

Old May 26th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Nathaniel Porter

"Chris" wrote in message
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype

stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar

product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't

find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would

appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

How about an effective means of delivering courtesy messages to other road
users? (i.e. I'm am ceading my priority, thank you and so on.)

Mostly needed on motor vehicles (other users can use hand signals to much
the same effect), but could be developed for use on other vehicles if demand
is there.

Would help make using the road easier and more pleasant.

Good luck with the project!

Old May 26th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:22:31 +0100, "Chris" wrote
in message :

I would appreciate any (sensible) suggestions.

Something to make bikes visible to car drivers? A transparent car
windscreen, for example?

IGMC...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old May 26th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Pete Biggs

Chris wrote:
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part
of which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to
prototype stage. The product has to be original, or better designed,
than any similar product on the market. I am posting this message to
a number of newsgroups in the hope that someone will have a problem
with a product they use, or can't find a product to suit their
requirements in the market place. I would appreciate any (sensible)
suggestions.

The holy grail of bicycle accessories: A strong, secure yet *lightweight*
lock. I want one! Get cracking please :-)

~PB

Old May 26th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Terry D

Pete Biggs wrote:

The holy grail of bicycle accessories: A strong, secure yet *lightweight*
lock. I want one! Get cracking please :-)

~PB

I'll second that one. Took both of my locks out with me yesterday so
that I could secure my good bike in an al fresco location (it normally
stays indoors at home or in the workshop) Together the locks weigh
almost as much as the bike! Makes buying a lightweight bike pointless if
you have to cart things like that about all the time.

Terry Duckmanton
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Cardinal Fang

Pete Biggs wrote:

Chris wrote:

I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part
of which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to
prototype stage. The product has to be original, or better designed,
than any similar product on the market. I am posting this message to
a number of newsgroups in the hope that someone will have a problem
with a product they use, or can't find a product to suit their
requirements in the market place. I would appreciate any (sensible)
suggestions.

The holy grail of bicycle accessories: A strong, secure yet *lightweight*
lock. I want one! Get cracking please :-)

~PB

A plasma torus. Weighs almost nothing and will melt anyone trying to
nick the bike. (Battery not included.)