product ideas

Old June 1st, 2004, 10:30 PM
Richard Porter

Default product ideas

On 27 May 2004 Broadback wrote:

How about a lawnmower that cuts wider than its wheels, so that you can
cut right to the edge of a lawn? If you go over the edge with a hover
it sinks.

My Rotoscythe does that, well nearly. It has a roller at the back.
Some rotary mowers have a cutter that is much larger in diameter than
the wheel track. You're not going to get right up to walls or high
kerbs because there must be a safety guard round the blade.

--
Richard Porter
Mail to username ricp at domain minijem.plus.com
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:43 PM
Richard Porter

On 28 May 2004 "Jim Warren" wrote:

Nathaniel Porter wrote in message

Why not just have a switch to flash a light or something? You don't
type out a message for "I intend to turn left ahead" do you ;-)

Then there's a question of timing. A surprising number of people
flash a light to signal "I have just turned left"

We need an indicator that is capable of signalling

"I'm taking the second turning on the left/right or second exit" or

"I'm moving out to pass this obstruction but I'm not turning right at
the junction ahead" or

"My other flasher that you can't see is also flashing" (especially
useful on white vans) or

"I'm going to reverse into this parking space".

--
Richard Porter (no relation, afaik)