Western Clave

Old July 14th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Mark Tinsky

Default Western Clave

Just got back from meeting some Roff folks down on the Madison.
Maybe about 20 guys. So far the weather is excellent, no rain and
cool evenings and mornings. Most of us are in one quiet camping area
bordered by a nice creek with the Madison across a two lane road.

There s so much water within an hour to fish that many are
spreading out into different areas besides the Madison. Today many
went into the park to fish. Tomorrow they re hitting the opening day
of the Yellowstone in the park also.

So all is going well the fishing is at times very good. Mid day
seems to have a very quiet period and picks up later again in the
evening. We even caught the tail end of the Salmon FLy Hatch . Damn
those things are bigs, like small birds! ( well almost....)

I had to go back to Helena and hope maybe to get back there. I m
sure they ll be lot s of stories forthcoming after the clave is over
this weekend MT
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Osmo Jauhiainen

Mark,

Thanks for sharing this! I hope to be there next year!

OsmoJ

"Mark Tinsky" kirjoitti viestissä

Old July 16th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Lat705

Tom and I fished Soda Butte inside the park today. Caught over a dozen Cuts
from 10 to 19 inches. Rusty Spinner and PT big flies. Goddard Cadis,
Parachute Adams, and Turkes Tarantula also accounted for fish. Water was low
and just a bit off color. Water temp was 60F. Excess amount of Buffalo
prevented us from venturing up the Lamar. Very small portion of Soda Butte was
cut off from human traffic due to Wolf pack activity-Rangers trying to give the
wolfs some peace. Milkshakes in Cooke City, espesially the huckleberry was
great. Plan to fish the Yellowstone at Tower tomorrow. Got good pictures of
Buffalo and Big Horn Sheep that I will submit to the Clave CD.

Lou T
Old July 16th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Larry Medina

Got good pictures of
Buffalo and Big Horn Sheep that I will submit to the Clave CD.

Sounds like a good time, Lou!

Why not post some of the pics on ABPF as well?

Larry
Old July 17th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Lat705

I'll put a few on a MSN web when I get back. Haven't figured out the AB PF
yet.

PS Tom and I caught about two dozen Cuts today on the Yellowstone at Tower.
Small 8 to 11 inches. All on a Turkes Tarantula or PT. Figured out why we do
well after we'ved fished a while. It's the biting black fly chum we put into
the water when we swat them on our bodies.

Old July 17th, 2004, 12:54 AM
rw

Lat705 wrote:
I'll put a few on a MSN web when I get back. Haven't figured out the AB PF
yet.

PS Tom and I caught about two dozen Cuts today on the Yellowstone at Tower.
Small 8 to 11 inches. All on a Turkes Tarantula or PT. Figured out why we do
well after we'ved fished a while. It's the biting black fly chum we put into
the water when we swat them on our bodies.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you at the clave, Larry.