Throwing up help!

Old January 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

Default Throwing up help!

Hi all, im going on my second sea fishing trip soon and need some help with
my problem of throwing up on the boat. I know there is car sickness pills
available for people that get sick on long trips but is there something for
when on a boat?

Regards
Shaun B.

Old January 8th, 2006, 05:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 16:44:49 GMT, "Shaun Bell"
wrote:

Hi all, im going on my second sea fishing trip soon and need some help with
my problem of throwing up on the boat. I know there is car sickness pills
available for people that get sick on long trips but is there something for
when on a boat?

Eat a hearty breakfast, take some dill pickles along (whole, not
sliced) and Saltine crackers to munch on if you feel queasy. Also, try
not to look down for long periods (such as tying lines etc) and look
out at the horizon as much as possible. Avoid areas where you can come
into contact with fumes (diesel, exhaust etc.). These should help
somewhat. Good luck and enjoy.
Old January 8th, 2006, 06:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

Shaun Bell wrote:

Hi all, im going on my second sea fishing trip soon and need some help with
my problem of throwing up on the boat. I know there is car sickness pills
available for people that get sick on long trips but is there something for
when on a boat?

Sure,, they are the same,, just go to Wal Mart and get some sea sick
pills,, take them as prescribed,, even if you don't feel sick on the
boat,, still take them, because if you get sick later, they won't help
you, and chances are high you will get sick when they wear off,, don't
take that chance.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old January 9th, 2006, 04:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

"Shaun Bell" wrote in message
Hi all, im going on my second sea fishing trip soon and need some help
with
my problem of throwing up on the boat. I know there is car sickness pills
available for people that get sick on long trips but is there something
for
when on a boat?

Regards
Shaun B.

Ginger tea.

About a thumb size piece of fresh ginger chopped finely, three cups of
boiling hot water poured over and let steep, sweeten with honey if required.
Drink one cup before you go, put rest in a flask for sipping while fishing.

Get some ginger candy as well, suck this when feeling queezy.

Natural remedies sometimes work best.

Old January 9th, 2006, 05:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

Take your sea sick pills when you get up in the morning, so it's in
your system when you get on the boat. If they make you sleepy take a
half pill next time.

Old January 9th, 2006, 09:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

Damn good idea....Works for me every time! Take a bag of Doritos...

--

~Give me oyster's and beer for dinner every day of the year, and I'll be fine~ J. Buffett

Old January 10th, 2006, 01:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

"Shaun Bell" wrote in message
Hi all, im going on my second sea fishing trip soon and need some help
with
my problem of throwing up on the boat. I know there is car sickness pills
available for people that get sick on long trips but is there something
for
when on a boat?

Regards
Shaun B.

The idea with the fresh Ginger sounds like a good one. But, if you're going to buy over the counter products, you're more likely to get sleepy if you take Dramamine. Try the Bonine. I live in Key Largo, FL and lots of people ask this question. You'll feel better with the Bonine and it works. You might get a little dry mouth so take plenty of whatever you want to drink and have a good time.

Old January 11th, 2006, 12:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

chartworksart wrote:
"Shaun Bell" wrote in message
Hi all, im going on my second sea fishing trip soon and need some help
with
my problem of throwing up on the boat. I know there is car sickness pills
available for people that get sick on long trips but is there something
for
when on a boat?

Regards
Shaun B.

The idea with the fresh Ginger sounds like a good one. But, if you're going to buy over the counter products, you're more likely to get sleepy if you take Dramamine. Try the Bonine. I live in Key Largo, FL and lots of people ask this question. You'll feel better with the Bonine and it works. You might get a little dry mouth so take plenty of whatever you want to drink and have a good time.

Make it Gatorade or Powerade and that will also help. I've never been
affected, but I have been with several who have.

The bender the night before isn't much of a help for those who have
trouble with sea sickness either!
Old January 11th, 2006, 04:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:08:27 GMT, "Zardoz"
wrote:

"Shaun Bell" wrote in message
Hi all, im going on my second sea fishing trip soon and need some help
with
my problem of throwing up on the boat. I know there is car sickness pills
available for people that get sick on long trips but is there something
for
when on a boat?

Regards
Shaun B.

Ginger tea.

About a thumb size piece of fresh ginger chopped finely, three cups of
boiling hot water poured over and let steep, sweeten with honey if required.
Drink one cup before you go, put rest in a flask for sipping while fishing.

Get some ginger candy as well, suck this when feeling queezy.

Natural remedies sometimes work best.

A couple of pork chop sandwiches and a quart of 2% milk for lunch will
settle your stomach if you get queasy. Some times just thinking about
pork chops frying will help -- be sure and give that a try if you
begin to feel a vomiting spell coming on.

HTH