salmon fry

Old January 28th, 2004, 04:13 AM
steve sullivan

Default salmon fry

Would appreciate directions for some good allevin patterns. I am a
fairly new tier.

--
"Those who would trade safety for freedom deserve neither."
T. Jefferson
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Hooked

"steve sullivan" wrote in message

"Those who would trade safety for freedom deserve neither."
T. Jefferson

The actual quote:

"Those that would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor
security."
Ben Franklin

Old January 28th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Charlie Choc

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 06:52:04 GMT, "Hooked" wrote:

"steve sullivan" wrote in message

"Those who would trade safety for freedom deserve neither."
T. Jefferson

The actual quote:

"Those that would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor
security."
Ben Franklin

I believe those are both "actual" quotes.

There is also "Those who are ready to sacrifice freedom for security
ultimately will lose both" - Abraham Lincoln.
--
Charlie...
Old January 29th, 2004, 12:53 AM
RalphH

the egg 'n eye is a standard pattern here in british Columbia:

#8 3xl hook
body: silver tinsel
throat" tuft of salmon egg orange wool
wing: rolled mallard flank
head black thread with white laquer eyes.

I tie a similar pattern;

#10 3xl
tail: webby grizzly hackle fibres - width of gape
body" gold diamond braid
throat: tuft of orange wool
wing: rolled wood duck or mallard flank dyed wood duck
head: small gold bead with stick on eyes

or try:

http://www.sfotf.com/OTB%20Flies%20U...Nov%204,00.htm

--

there are no numbers in my email addy. Please remove to reply

Old January 29th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Hooked

"Charlie Choc" wrote in message
news

I believe those are both "actual" quotes.

There is also "Those who are ready to sacrifice freedom for security
ultimately will lose both" - Abraham Lincoln.
--
Charlie...

Well, then I guess it sure as hell does get around.

Or it used to.

Today, 'mericuns would rather glorify the writers and signers of the
un-patriot act.