Browning Baitcastin Reels

Old May 10th, 2006, 07:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Browning Baitcastin Reels

Anyone use em?

Are they any good?

Dave V
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"David Vito" wrote in message
Anyone use em?

Are they any good?

I've been spoiled by Curados......
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old May 11th, 2006, 12:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Haven't most of us, especially the new DHSV?

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"David Vito" wrote in message
Anyone use em?

Are they any good?

I've been spoiled by Curados......

Old May 11th, 2006, 12:45 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Yeah, I know.

Just shopping around that's all. I'll probably end up with another scorp. I
was hoping to get some feedback on other reels besides Shimano. I really
like my shimano's, I have a quantum that I want to like, but it's a bit
flakey.
I would be hard pressed to get another energy series reel.
There has to be reels that are just as good as Shimano for the price...
Doesn't there?

Dave V

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
Haven't most of us, especially the new DHSV?

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"David Vito" wrote in message
Anyone use em?

Are they any good?

I've been spoiled by Curados......

Old May 11th, 2006, 12:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"David Vito" wrote in message
Yeah, I know.

Just shopping around that's all. I'll probably end up with another scorp.
I was hoping to get some feedback on other reels besides Shimano. I really
like my shimano's, I have a quantum that I want to like, but it's a bit
flakey.
I would be hard pressed to get another energy series reel.
There has to be reels that are just as good as Shimano for the price...
Doesn't there?

I've heard some good things about Tica reels, and have played with some of
the spinning reels. They feel as good or better than my Stradics! Tell you
what Dave, why don't you buy some and post a review here and on
OutdoorFrontiers!!! :-)

Old May 11th, 2006, 02:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Are you talking about the Sculptor SL100 Reel?

I am definately set on a low profile reel.

They are $129.00 on that site. Found them for $97.00 + shipping on Ebay

Old May 15th, 2006, 07:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"David Vito" wrote in message
Anyone use em?

Are they any good?

Dave V

I have an older round style reel. I won it at a fising dinner, and has been
a very nice reel. I actually use it a lot for some heavier lines. Since I
like round reels because I have very large hands, I do not use my Bantam
styles much, but use a Calcutta 251 for most of my lighter worming, and
lighter lure casting.