Epic Striped Bass & Blues on the Fly Report w/ Video

Old January 7th, 2007, 07:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Worldwide Angler

Default Epic Striped Bass & Blues on the Fly Report w/ Video

Wild Bill and I talked on the phone early last week and said when the
weather was good at the CBBT we were going to drop everything and head
down. We did just that. I had a cold from the week before, but with the
conditions were just too good not to make it happen. So along with
and off I went. Bill I met up in DE on Tuesday afternoon. We made a few
stops for a 2007 fishing license and boat registration, some food and
drinks and met a small Tidal Fish crew at Sting Rays for dinner.

The conditions were shaping up and we were ready. The next morning we
were welcomed at the Kiptopeke Ramp by a setting moon and the hopes of
some big fish. The first day we fished the shoal for a while and picked
up some decent fish, but then decided to head to the ocean and search
for some big blues and striped bass. After a lot of miles we managed to
find them and when we did it was epic sal****er fly fishing. Check this
link for a video with all the pictures and action:

http://www.carrollsaddition.org/vide...ingJan2007.wmv

Be sure to pay attention to the warning in the beginning, it is
important to understand before viewing.

Thursday we did not even mess around and headed right out into the
ocean. They were not in the same spot as the day before, but it did not
take long before we were on them again. We were blessed with breaking
huge fish from 8am until 1pm and it was non stop incredible action as
you will see from the video.

We got blown out on Friday, but we'll be back soon

Tackle:

I was using a deep lake sinking line on a Everglades Tibor reel and
Sage 9wt XP rod. I used exclusively my Blanco Grande flies in baitfish
and chartreuse. My 40" was taken on chartreuse.

Bill was using a custom tip SA sinking line on a Everglades Tibor reel
on a 10wt Sage Xi2 (I think, he can chime in). He used exclusively his
Wild Bill Big Fly in all white which also landed his beautiful 39' fly.

What a great time Bill, can not wait for us to get out there and do it
again!

Brandon