Fishing out of NY/NJ area

Old February 1st, 2007, 02:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
[email protected]

Default Fishing out of NY/NJ area

I just purchased a 25' SeaRay (Family Boat) and am looking forward to
getting some nice fishing in this season. It was a good comprimise, a
safe boat for the family with enough room to take a couple of friends
out for great day of fishing. I have it on a trailer so I am willing
to go whereever I have to in order to find some good fishing. I spent
alot of time on the party boats out of Point Pleasant and am looking
forward to finding something new to catch.

Where are some good spots (LAT/LON) to go fishing out of either the
Jersey Shore or the Island?

What can I expect to catch out there obviously blues, stripers and
fluke, but is there any other nice game fish that may be within the
limits of a single engine 25'?

Can anyone recommend any websites that may be a good source of
information on fishing the NY/NJ area specifically?

What about good bait shops that offer a wealth of experience and
information (and bait)?

Thanks for any help!
MJK

Old February 3rd, 2007, 06:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Rich P

Check out this web site http://www.hrfanj.org/ , this is the site for the
Hudson River Fisherman's Association in NJ. They meet every 2nd Tuesday of
the month in Ridgefield Park NJ and you will find no better resource for
sal****er fishing in this area than these guys. Many of the people involved
in this group fish from up north in the Hudson all the way to the Jersey
Shore and then some. This is the best resource in the area, bar none.

Rich P

oups.com...

Old February 6th, 2007, 03:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
King5899

On Feb 3, 12:34 pm, "Rich P" wrote:
Check out this web site http://www.hrfanj.org/, this is the site for the
Hudson River Fisherman's Association in NJ. They meet every 2nd Tuesday of
the month in Ridgefield Park NJ and you will find no better resource for
sal****er fishing in this area than these guys. Many of the people involved
in this group fish from up north in the Hudson all the way to the Jersey
Shore and then some. This is the best resource in the area, bar none.

Rich P

wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

MJK- Hide quoted text -

Nice sight. There is alot of info out there to look at. I think this
is a good place to start.

Any additional info woudl be apreciated. (From anyone)

Thanks,
MJK

Old February 7th, 2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Ed White

"King5899" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 3, 12:34 pm, "Rich P" wrote:
Check out this web site http://www.hrfanj.org/, this is the site for the
Hudson River Fisherman's Association in NJ. They meet every 2nd Tuesday
of
the month in Ridgefield Park NJ and you will find no better resource for
sal****er fishing in this area than these guys. Many of the people
involved
in this group fish from up north in the Hudson all the way to the Jersey
Shore and then some. This is the best resource in the area, bar none.

Rich P

wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Have a look at http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/ and also
http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/ for some very good regional forums, and
even tho the names both include the word striper, fish of all shapes and
sizes are discussed, there are boating forums, and best of all they are
located in the NJ area, great bunch of guys.
Have fun and be safe with yer new toy, and catch 'em up!

Ed