Fall Bassin

Old September 22nd, 2007, 04:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Default Fall Bassin

Every year I fish a fall bass tournament here in Michigan, and I
struggle to catch fish. All summer I catch fish on tubes, cranks and
senkos, but come fall I can't seem to boat any. The lake is clear with
scatterd weeds, has huge flats, sharp 45 degree banks that drop into
deeper water and lots of docks, it also has three channels with a depth
of around 15 feet. What do you guys think I can do to catch more
fish on this lake?

matthew 4:19
follow me and I will make you fishers of men.

Old September 22nd, 2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
Every year I fish a fall bass tournament here in Michigan, and I
struggle to catch fish. All summer I catch fish on tubes, cranks and
senkos, but come fall I can't seem to boat any. The lake is clear with
scatterd weeds, has huge flats, sharp 45 degree banks that drop into
deeper water and lots of docks, it also has three channels with a depth
of around 15 feet. What do you guys think I can do to catch more
fish on this lake?

Is it cold enough that fish may be heading more towards winter rather than
fall patterns?

Anyway, not knowing your conditions, my winter bait that seems to produce is
a hard suspending jerkbait in local forage colors. The more realistic the
better. Sometimes long 10-20 second pauses work, and sometimes constant
hard jerking action works. If the latter, hope your arm is in good shape
because I can't do it all day long without hurting pretty bad by the end of
the day.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old September 22nd, 2007, 11:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RATMAN

On Sep 22, 11:58 am, (BIG FISH 2006) wrote:
Every year I fish a fall bass tournament here in Michigan, and I
struggle to catch fish. All summer I catch fish on tubes, cranks and
senkos, but come fall I can't seem to boat any. The lake is clear with
scatterd weeds, has huge flats, sharp 45 degree banks that drop into
deeper water and lots of docks, it also has three channels with a depth
of around 15 feet. What do you guys think I can do to catch more
fish on this lake?

matthew 4:19
follow me and I will make you fishers of men.

What lake are you fishing?

Old September 23rd, 2007, 12:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Diamond lake, Cassopolis, Mi.

Old September 23rd, 2007, 01:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Carlos

One of the similar fall tournaments that stands out for me over the
years, is a lake in central IL that we fished with many docks. Fishing
was tough. But for a lucky few that figured it out, it was worth it.
Fish were up around that shallow wood and docks. Really liking the
docks. A lot of shallow weeds too. The deeper weeds seemed to have
started thinning out.

Fish were being caught as shallow as possible. But you had to stay off
the end of the docks. You had to pitch and roll cast as softly as
possible tube baits, small plastics, even some spinnerbaits. If you
tried to do so from an angle, or nose the boat around or between the
docks. The fish would refuse to bite or shut off.

The fish wanted those baits moving straight away from the banks. Best
fish came from excellent pitches made up under the docks to the
shallowest portion of cover. Not easy at all as some of those docks
were fairly large.

That's not to say this will work for you. Only that you can be in the
right area, and doing something slightly wrong, and the guy next to you
will be filling the boat.

Carlos

Old September 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
E. Carl Speros

I fished Ontario last week & killed on Torpedoes & Pop Rs, casting them
onto the edge of the bank & doing a frog hop back to the boat. Most
times they hit it right off the bank, but I had a 4 lb. Smallie come up
out of 30' or more of water to inhale my Torpedo. Early morning &
evening are golden. Good luck, Carl