belly boats and pontton boats...

Old September 1st, 2009, 04:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Default belly boats and pontton boats...

Does the pontoon have a casting platform? Make, model?
Frank Reid

Old September 1st, 2009, 05:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
John B[_2_]

A neighbor has two belly boats and a pontoon boat for sale from Dayton,
Ohio.

All look it good shape, maybe 3 or five years old, not used heavily..no
prices but if you want details let me know....I think the price might offset
the shipping...

john

Old September 1st, 2009, 05:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected][_2_]

On Aug 31, 9:25*pm, Frank Reid wrote:
Does the pontoon have a casting platform? *Make, model?
Frank Reid

DO NOT SELL- BORROW - LOAN Frank anything that will get him in water
over his head. It's not safe for him or anyone else in the vicinity.

just looking out for ya' frank.

jh
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Can I put a 72 volt trolling motor on it even if its rated for a 12
volt system? Will I get up on plane and tow a skier? Can I buy one of
those little 25 hp Honda jets and rig it up?
Inquiring minds wanna know.
Frank Reid

Old September 1st, 2009, 11:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:51:56 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid wrote:

Can I put a 72 volt trolling motor on it even if its rated for a 12
volt system? Will I get up on plane and tow a skier? Can I buy one of
those little 25 hp Honda jets and rig it up?
Inquiring minds wanna know.
Frank Reid

Aw, now, you're being way too hard on yourself...I've no doubt you could do all
sorts of damage to the boat and yourself with nothing more than a paddle...

And you're slipping, imagination-wise - I figured you'd get a bunch of extension
cords hooked together, half and half wired straight-run (...um...breaker? Well,
you never _INTEND_ to even bend her...) to each leg of a 240 (...ground? You
don't need no steekin' ground...), two huge honkin' electric motors (unshielded,
open-frame, of course...), a fan blade (for the airboat effect) for one and the
wheel (prop) from a tug on the other, and, well...hey, they can probably get the
grid back up in Omaha, in what, a couple of hours or so...?

I can see it now: "Honey, I'm gonna paddle out about 10 feet from shore, get
into position, and when I yell 'GO!', you just flip that knife switch and watch
me fly!"

HTH,
....OTOH, if you could get your hands on a generator, it'd be a lot better...for
Omaha, anyway...
Old September 2nd, 2009, 03:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
John B[_2_]

"John B" wrote in message
A neighbor has two belly boats and a pontoon boat for sale from Dayton,
Ohio.

All look it good shape, maybe 3 or five years old, not used heavily..no
prices but if you want details let me know....I think the price might
offset the shipping...

john

Frank, Here is the info I have...and in your case you might want to bargain
for an inflatable fishing vest that he also has and looking toward the
future, he has one of those spring loaded lever actuated automatic fly
reels...

anyhow...??

Pontoon: it is a J. W. Outfitters 'Renegade" has oars and pump and is still
inflated after a long time in the basement...3 years old...he wants maybe
$300? Not really a casting platform but I have seen Frank the Elder fish
comfortable from much the same...

Any one who wants it can look it up on the net and calculate shipping, I'll
box it up and ship it, you reimburse me for that cost. AND buy me a beer
the next time we meet.

Belly boat #1: Cascade sport, push button together Paddle? $60

Any one who wants it can look it up on the net and calculate shipping, I'll
box it up and ship it, you reimburse me for that cost. AND buy me a beer
the next time we meet.

Belly boat #2: U boat 2 (creek company) Rod holders, screw together paddle,
back pack straps...$60?

Any one who wants it can look it up on the net and calculate shipping, I'll
box it up and ship it, you reimburse me for that cost. AND buy me a beer
the next time we meet.

If anyone is interested, I will blow them up tight and look for leaks, no
promises no guarantees. I have bought a new house and he is a new neighbor
and we have just been talking and getting to know one another and
such....now if I could only sell my other house.

If anyone is interested, I will swap you all's email addresses to haggle and
I will do the shipping, probably better, cause I will take care with the
boxing...Oh My god...add the price of a box and padding! Padding is extra
unless I can just use some of my old shorts...

John

Old September 2nd, 2009, 11:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Hell buy it and just have asadi pick it up and bring it to Penns next
year should make for an interesting float from Coburn to Weikert don't
ya think........

Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Sep 2, 5:30*pm, wrote:
Hell buy it and just have asadi pick it up and bring it to Penns next
year should make for an interesting float from Coburn to Weikert don't
ya think........

And tigerrose1 is ???
Frank Reid
Old September 3rd, 2009, 09:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
On Sep 2, 5:30 pm, wrote:
Hell buy it and just have asadi pick it up and bring it to Penns next
year should make for an interesting float from Coburn to Weikert don't
ya think........

And tigerrose1 is ???
Frank Reid

a posting error by the Handy One. I think it may be the account of one of
the women in the household. That, or
Mike has a side we haven't seen.........g
Tom

Old September 4th, 2009, 12:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

And tigerrose1 is ???
Frank Reid

a posting error by the Handy One. I think it may be the account of one of
the women in the household. That, or
Mike has a side we haven't seen.........g

Handyman doesn't seem like a Rose anything.
Frank Reid