Smart Cast

Old December 29th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Andrew Kidd

Default Smart Cast

"go-bassn" wrote in message
I just want to know how far it flies when you forget to hit the freespool
button or open your bail on a cast.

Where would you cast it where you couldn't just put the boat over? I have

hard time seeing a need for the thing, but hope you find some.

Warren

I'd would have loved to have one of those when I used to do a lot of bank
fishing. My biggest fear would be using it somewhere with a big musky
population! :-)

Definitely would call for some of that big heavy 30lb plus line!
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Old December 29th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Scott Seidman

Nikolay wrote in
ss.edu:

I like the idea, but doubt the performance/quality.
Cheers,
Nikolay

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003, Thundercat wrote:

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 01:13:56 -0500, "go-bassn"
wrote:

I just want to know how far it flies when you forget to hit the
freespool button or open your bail on a cast.

Where would you cast it where you couldn't just put the boat over?
I have a hard time seeing a need for the thing, but hope you find
some.

Warren

Some folks still walk the bank when fishin' and / or fishing smaller
ponds and things where the is no boat access.

Harry J aka Thundercat

It seems to be getting OK reviews. Certainly "better than nothing" might
apply here.

Scott
Old December 29th, 2003, 03:32 PM
QUAKEnSHAKE

... quote--
Bob La Londe
After reading the instructions I have not seen how the transmitter
battery can be replaced so I am assuming that it has a finite life. It
may use one of the ten year batteries like ITI uses in their alarm
transmitters. --quote--

Im sure I read that the battery in the little green thing (transmitter)
lasts like 400 hours. Its actuated by water, turns off out of water. You
dont replace the battery you buy a new transmitter costs like $20.
Ive been looking at this waiting for it to go on xmas sale well it never
did so most likely will get one come April.

Old December 29th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Chris Rennert

I can't say enough for the smart cast and everything it has given me in
terms of find structure in the rivers I fish. My method used to be just use
a ice fishing depth finder (little orange lead weight with a alligator
clip) and cast out with a float on and determine the depth that way and then
go by feel on what the bottom make up is.
So my smart cast has changed the effort I have to put in, is that fair to
the fish? Probably not, but neither is Fluorocarbon and noodle rods.

2 cents

Chris
"M Gazer" wrote in message
Anyone have input on the Smart Cast fish finder?
The one that has you cast the transducer to a likely spot then view the
results on a wrist watch type display?
TIA

Old December 29th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Gone Angling

I would like to know the actual method of using it for rivers/ponds and shore
fishing. Is the watch or video display better.

Old December 30th, 2003, 06:28 PM
go-bassn

That's what I'm saying, one bad cast from shore & that thing is
h-i-s-t-o-r-y baby!

Warren

.4...