Dog treats for bass?

Old September 16th, 2004, 10:24 AM
imis_idora

Default Dog treats for bass?

Has anyone here ever used dog treats(rawhide, pigs ears and such) as
trailers for other lures? I gave my dog a rawhide tonight and the
thought hit me. If uncle josh can get $4.00 bucks a jar, why can't I
make my own for far less? I am guessing if I soak a pig's ear or
rawhide in water for a few hours it should soften up enough to use. I
guess I could even boil them down with salt and garlic powder or in
beef or chicken broth for custom flavors. I could even use red food
coloring for that bleeding/dying effect. Has anyone ever tried this?
The theory seems good to me. I can buy 20 rawhides for less than $4.00
and I would guess make 40-50 trailers easy.

Look for them on e-bay next week. :-0 5 bucks a dozen! Hell, if other
people can steal dead guys lure designs and sell them for $18.00 a
pop, $5.00 a dozen for custom scented bleeding trailers should be a
steal! ;-)

Just a cheap thought.

Mike.

Old September 17th, 2004, 05:57 AM
go-bassn

Looks like dopey's got another new screen name. Might as well call yourself
"Pork Builder"

Warren ;-)
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

om...

Old September 17th, 2004, 08:52 AM
imis_idora

Dan,
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I have a pigs ear soaking right now
and it is softing up very nice. I will give it a try and see what
happens. To tell you the truth though I am not expecting good things.
I could fish a 30 foot round farm pond filled with a 100 bass and
still only catch the 2 carp (on a spinnerbait, no less) in the pond.
;-)

Eric,
Do you know my old lady? How did you know she likes gnawing on pig
ears? :-)hehe. If the soaking in water doesn't soften them up enough I
will give her a try!

Mike.

Old September 18th, 2004, 11:21 AM
imis_idora

"go-bassn" wrote in message ...
Looks like dopey's got another new screen name. Might as well call yourself
"Pork Builder"

Warren ;-)

Yep, dopey has a new screen name. You can call me "Pork Builder". It's
cool. You might be right. I'm just a troll. I didn't post any of my
idea for the world to see. Nobody could figure out my "custom lure".
Everyone had to send me $5.00 to see what it was all about. I only
posted that "I have invented (or found at a flea market) a world class
pork trailer that has great action and fishes 3x better than live
bait. Please send me $5.00 and I will send you 12 of these world class
super bass baits." Yep, that is exactly what I posted.

That's F-d up. I come here posting my first message asking for advice
on an idea I had and you equate me to a Lure Building troll. Thanks
for the advice, Warren. Let me ask you, how did you do at this years
NWC? The big zero huh? Not a single keeper. Maybe you should try Pork
Builder Lures custom trailers!

I think my trailer company's motto will be "We catch keeper's" Thanks
again for your input. They should sell great on e-bay. Can I count on
you for an endorsement?

Oh well. Maybe my ideas will help some of the other poor anglers out
there save a buck or two and still catch a fish. We can't all be
"pro's" making the big dollars like yourself.

Mike aka the Pork Builder.