Keeping it fresh

Old August 24th, 2007, 06:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz

Default Keeping it fresh

I've just started using Gulp worms, the problem is that I'll fish for an
hour or two every couple days after work and the worms just dry up while
sitting. I've used Zoom dead ringers with no problem, is there some way to
make them last a little longer?

Thanks

Old August 24th, 2007, 10:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Mike Getz" wrote in message
I've just started using Gulp worms, the problem is that I'll fish for an
hour or two every couple days after work and the worms just dry up while
sitting. I've used Zoom dead ringers with no problem, is there some way
to make them last a little longer?

Thanks

They come in a resealable pouch, make certain that you have the bag sealed
when you're done fishing and that you take them off the hooks.

They will rehydrate if left in water, but the best is to keep them moist.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old August 27th, 2007, 04:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz

Thanks Steve, I was trying to avoid that, they tear easily with the ball
head jig I use, Gamakatsu round head jigs, they have a huge worm keeper, I
like these because of the short shank, which I've had better success with.

Old August 27th, 2007, 07:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Mike Getz" wrote in message
Thanks Steve, I was trying to avoid that, they tear easily with the ball
head jig I use, Gamakatsu round head jigs, they have a huge worm keeper, I
like these because of the short shank, which I've had better success with.

I've never cared for gulp worms... That gritty driving through beef liver
feeling when I force a hook through them icks me out. Using chicken liver
for catfishing is less bothersome, because its supposed to feel icky. LOL.

Anyway, mostly I rig Zoom u-tail worms on ball jigs and shaky head jigs
because they fish so well, and because I can keep biting off the head and
re-rigging them for as many as a dozen fish on a single worm. Same for drop
shotting.

I know, I know, you asked about Gulp worms.
--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old August 28th, 2007, 05:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Mike Getz

That's OK Bob, I understand, you get a thought and bam! there it is. I like
the Zoom dead ringers and do the same with them, funny how biting of a 1/4
inch can lead to a bunch more strikes. I've also glued dead ringers back
together, something about a worm that doing a good job catching them for
you.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
.. .