The King of Carp - The Codfather of Sole - The Don

Old January 16th, 2007, 11:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Barry

Default The King of Carp - The Codfather of Sole - The Don

Hi:

I've just joined this group and looking forward to participating. If you
want to see me in action, here's a recent TV appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXK1mwGtss

Old January 17th, 2007, 12:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Barry" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi:

I've just joined this group and looking forward to participating. If you
want to see me in action, here's a recent TV appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXK1mwGtss

well, I didn't see a fly rod, but then again the video was
kind of blurry and low-quality in spots, so I could have
missed it. Have you ever been to Fawn Lake?
Tom

Old January 17th, 2007, 03:05 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid

Barry wrote:
Hi:

I've just joined this group and looking forward to participating. If you
want to see me in action, here's a recent TV appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXK1mwGtss

Pretty annoying video. Last time I was in the UK, I outfished my
partners 5 to 1. They were chumming maggots and casters whilst I was
using a fly rod. I was told that my use of the fly rod was "not
cricket."
Did learn that carp on the fly are a blast. So much so that I left my
cushy job in easy driving distance of some of America's best trout
streams for life in the American Midwest, home of warm, slow waters and
60 lb carp. You leave a 5 gallon bucket on your back porch overnight
and it'll be filled with carp in the morning. Don't have a job anymore
to get in the way of my carp fishing, hell, don't have a family
anymore, but I can fish all day for carp. Got a good recipe for carp
cakes too.
Finally, a kindred soul. Glad to have you here. Write if you want the
recipe.
Frank Reid

Old January 17th, 2007, 05:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike

What the hell you talking about Frankie............... I hope you still
have a job and family..............

Old January 17th, 2007, 01:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid

Mike wrote:
What the hell you talking about Frankie............... I hope you still
have a job and family..............

Yeh, I do. Just mirroring the fevor and insanity of many carp
fishermen in the UK. 'Specially the ones that put out annoying videos
and go for multiple hits on their U-Tube creations their page ranks up.
Frank Reid

Old January 17th, 2007, 01:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid

Mike wrote:
What the hell you talking about Frankie............... I hope you still
have a job and family..............

Yeh, I do. Just mirroring the fevor and insanity of many carp
fishermen in the UK. 'Specially the ones that put out annoying videos
and spam a fly fishing newsgroup to get their page ranks up.
Frank Reid

Old January 17th, 2007, 09:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Nakashima

"Barry" wrote in message
. uk...
Hi:

I've just joined this group and looking forward to participating. If you
want to see me in action, here's a recent TV appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXK1mwGtss

Don Barry, I think you'll fit right in this group.
Wondering if some of the fellow anglers here don't kiss your ring hand after
a few post, they would find
a fish's head in their beds.
fwiw,
-tom