Flouro Carbon on Spinning Reels

Old February 4th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Bob La Londe

Default Flouro Carbon on Spinning Reels

In the recent BASS magazine I really enjoyed the HArry Charley section with
the, "You know you just screwed up," bit.

Most made perfect sense like, "when your fishing buddy asks you toss him
your truck keys .... and you do."

What is wrong however with spooling flourocarbon on spinning reels?

Have been using 15LB P-Line Flouro Clear (actually a fusion of flouro and
mono) on series 40 Pflueger spinning reels with pretty good success.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old February 4th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Who Cares

Bob-
I thought I was the only one who was scratching his head on that one.

Old February 4th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Calif Bill

I think the hybrids are OK, but pure Flouro is too stiff. May be the
reason?

Old February 4th, 2004, 10:33 PM
Josh

Bob,
I just purchased the first spool of fluro in a few years now since the
stuff first came out. My first attempt at it was when Vanish came out. Is
that Berkely ? I'm not sure. Anyway when it did first come out I tried some
10 lb test on one of my spinning reels and . . . well it damn near casted
itself. As soon as I opened the bale the stuff just jumped and I mean
"jumped" right off the spool. It was miserable to fish with. So . . . I
thought maybe it was a bad spool or the wrong test. Like a dummy I went out
and bought two more spools, different lb weights. Both did the same. I used
some for leader material after that on Carolina rigs, but have never used it
until I was tempted by some P line last week. I didnt see article, but
that's my make on it.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old February 5th, 2004, 12:48 PM
BassAngler

I have my spinning rods currently spooled with 12-pound Seaguar CarbonPro
100% Fluorocarbon Line. I have used Berkley's, Stren's, BPS's XPS all
without a problem. The secret is, don't over fill the spool (1/8" from the
lip). Fluorocarbon is Great Stuff! I Love it, and use it on most of my
combos, with the exception of my topwater rig.

--
Craig Baugher

Old February 6th, 2004, 03:55 AM
go-bassn

I use the same line on my Team Daiwa 3500BG's & I gotta agree with Craig,
it's great stuff. I stretch the line to the max before spooling up, and
have no problems at all. I haven't tried it yet on casting reels, but plan
to as soon as this gd ice melts!

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/