Best knot for Power Pro tied to a crank bait?

Old October 21st, 2003, 12:51 AM
Richard Liebert

Default Best knot for Power Pro tied to a crank bait?

What is the best knot for Power Pro when tied to a crank bait? I really like
the rapala knot, but I don't think it will hold with Power Pro.

I have experimented by slightly modifying a Uni Knot (my favorite
knot,especially for Power Pro). I first knot the line about 8" from the end.
Just a simple knot. Then I pull the line through the crank bait so the knot
goes through. Then I capture the knot under my thumb, make the loop, pass
the tag through 8 times, wet the mess, then tighten up the Uni knot really
tight before sliding it down to the bait. When I slide the Unit knot towards
the bait it stops at the simple knot I tied leaving a nice loop like a
rapala knot. Anyone ever try this? What do you do?

Old October 21st, 2003, 02:07 AM
Henry Hefner

I've heard all the fuss about superlines and knots, but I almost always
tie a Palomar knot with Powerpro and haven't had any problems

Old October 21st, 2003, 02:57 AM
Bob La Londe

Richard Liebert wrote:
[...]

I have been tying a trilene knot so long I do it by reflex. I have had no
problems. I do leave a slighty longer tag than I used to with soft monos.

http://www.fish4fun.com/TrileneKnot.htm

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Old October 21st, 2003, 04:01 AM
Bob Rickard

Power-Pro recommends a modified uni-knot as follows:

a) run the line thro the eye of the hook twice instead of once.
b) finish as normal, except use 8 loops instead of the normal 5.

I like this knot for all superlines.

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

Old October 21st, 2003, 05:12 AM
Bob La Londe

Here is Power Pro's Knot Page.
http://www.powerpro.com/advantage/knots.asp

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az
http://www.YumaBassMan.com
Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
Simply add it to our index page.
No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

. ..