Mr La Londe

Old September 10th, 2007, 04:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Mr La Londe

Part of this post is obvious parody. You decide which part.

I have noticed something. When I e-mail a boat mfg, tckle maker, engine
company etc...

If they respond with:

Bob,
Hey Bob,
etc

I usually am pleasantly surprised with what I read and the response will
indicate they are usually willing to do whatever it is I need to be taken
care of.

If their response starts with:

Mr La Londe,
Dear Mr La Londe,
Mr Londe,
etc

I can pretty much save the agravation and delete their e-mail without
bothering to read the rest of it.

Bass Cat Parts e-mails almost always start with "Bob" and end with "hope
that takes care of it for you."

Mercury Marine e-mails always start with "Mr La Londe" (atleast they usually
get my name right) and end with "quit bothering us and deposit your money at
the door as you exit one of our dealers whether your issue is resolved or
not."

Grrr..... I think my next boat will have an Evinrude or a Yamaha on it. I
actually like my Mercury outboard, but I really depsise the condescending
and arrogant responses I get whenever I have to correspond with their
customer service. I've had 4 boats with Mercury motors. Maybe its time for
a change.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old September 11th, 2007, 09:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John

Bob sez:
I've had 4 boats with Mercury motors. Maybe its time for
a change.

Perhaps here's an alternate for you. Next time you are buying another Merc
after all the negotiating is done but before signing the paper, ask to speak
privately with the dealership owner. Give him a $100 (or $500 or $1,000)
dollar bill if he personally agrees to handle ALL future Merc Customer
Service communication for you. Have him sign a separate bill of sale and
Power of Attorney that IF you have to call, talk to, write, sign or do Merc
Customer Service anything as long as you own the motor, he will refund the
full purchase price, take back the engine AND give you back your $100 dollar
bill.

IF HE TAKES your 100 dollar bill, then he believes the jabber and bs that
they are going to clean up their act and your $100 is free found cash.
IF HE DOES NOT take your 100 dollar bill then he knows the organization will
jerk him around and no way is he going to take your grief for just 100
bucks!

Either way, you win. If the deal falls through, you'll have a much better
case in Small Claims court against the dealer showing how he personally
defaulted on executing a Power Of Attorney he signed. And if he is like most
car, truck, RV and boat dealers, if he thinks for a minute that the deal
will give him more grief than your extra cash, he won't sign and you can
wipe your feet on Merc for ever.

Over tine, I've found that as the hassle factor on something I bought goes
up, the value of the deal goes down. At some point they offset each other.
I've found that if I can dollarize the hassle factor, it's like quantifying
hassle and value which in turn makes the decision making easier to decide
and eventually handle long term.

Hope this gives you some ideas. Good Luck!
John

Old September 11th, 2007, 10:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"John" bass wrote in message

SNIP

LOL