Not a single bite!!

Old August 16th, 2004, 11:14 AM
SanSteve

Default Not a single bite!!

Over the past month I have been fishing the south coast
mainly the Solent, Lepe, Calshot.
After many occasions I have caught absolutely nothing
and on most occasions I haven't even had a bite!!
What am I doing wrong?
I've used various tackle and various baits but still
no luck.
Can anyone give me some advise.
Bass and Flounders seem to be the fish to go for
in this area.

Regards, one frustrated and bemused fisherman
Steve.

--
N.Groups: Take word SPAM out of email to reply.

FREE International Call Charges
http://www.san.steve.btinternet.co.uk

Old August 16th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Pete

"SanSteve" wrote in message
Over the past month I have been fishing the south coast
mainly the Solent, Lepe, Calshot.
After many occasions I have caught absolutely nothing
and on most occasions I haven't even had a bite!!
What am I doing wrong?
I've used various tackle and various baits but still
no luck.
Can anyone give me some advise.
Bass and Flounders seem to be the fish to go for
in this area.

Regards, one frustrated and bemused fisherman
Steve.

--
N.Groups: Take word SPAM out of email to reply.

Welcome to the Blankers Club
Have you tried scaling down the size of your hooks ? Plus you may be fishing
the wrong baits for that particular area.
If there's flounder in the area, try fishing an hour each side of low tide
( if possible ) with worm baits. or when the run of the current is not so
strong,
Talk to some of the local anglers and get some tips off them, most
lads/lasses will be more helpfull in giving tips

Good Luck
Pete

Remove the HOOK to reply via e-mail
www.castandcatch.com

Old August 16th, 2004, 02:25 PM
SanSteve

Thanks for very advise Pete.
Regarding Flounders - I have thought of using a float tackle with a spoon at
bottom off the local pier.
Remember years ago using this with some good success.
Regards,
Steve

Old August 16th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , SanSteve
wrote:
Over the past month I have been fishing the south coast
mainly the Solent, Lepe, Calshot.
After many occasions I have caught absolutely nothing
and on most occasions I haven't even had a bite!!
What am I doing wrong?

No idea, what are you doing?

I've used various tackle and various baits but still
no luck.
Can anyone give me some advise.
Bass and Flounders seem to be the fish to go for
in this area.

Both are likely to take a moving bait - have you been spinning and
floatfishing?

Both will come into very shallow water on a rising tide if undisturbed, have
you been fishing the first two rodlengths out at dawn/dusk?

Both are likely to be chary of a large lead in daylight, have you been using
1oz (or less) of lead?

Cheerio,