"Back...Back....Back....OT!" (It is time to end The Curse!)

Old October 6th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Tim J.

Default "Back...Back....Back....OT!" (It is time to end The Curse!)

"Greg Pavlov" wrote...
Stan Gula wrote:

Yes, but it still has a better return on investment that rooting for the Red
Soxg.

... or betting on them, tho I haven't tried that
since HWMNBN big day.

Bucky who?
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 6th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Russell

Tim J. wrote:
"Greg Pavlov" wrote...

Stan Gula wrote:

Yes, but it still has a better return on investment that rooting for the Red
Soxg.

... or betting on them, tho I haven't tried that
since HWMNBN big day.

Bucky who?

Hear, Hear! Well said.

Russell

Old October 6th, 2003, 08:22 PM
rw

Greg Pavlov wrote:
On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:42:18 GMT, "Stan Gula"
wrote:

Yes, but it still has a better return on investment that rooting for the Red
Soxg.

... or betting on them, tho I haven't tried that
since Bucky Dent's big day.

I was in Boston during that event. Man, were people ****ed off at Bucky
Dent!

I've always liked the Red Sox. I recall watching Ted Williams play
against the Orioles in Memorial Stadium. Is it true that they're
considering abandoning Fenway? That would be sad.

Old October 6th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Tim J.

"rw" wrote...
Greg Pavlov wrote:
On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:22:55 -0700, rw
wrote:

I was in Boston during that event. Man, were people ****ed off at B___T

I was sitting next to the guy I bet against in the
reception area of the Boston hospital I was
working in at the time when he lobbed that
pop fly over the green monster.

Two words sum up, for me, the post-season fate of the Red Sox: Bill
Buckner. :-)

1986 World Series

Against the odds, I was also in Boston during that deplorable, obscene
moment. If people were ****ed off at Bucky Dent in 1978, you can imagine
how they felt about Bill Buckner in 1986.

People with any sense were more ****ed off at the coaching call to leave Buckner
in the game. Buckner's play was a big factor in getting the team TO the series,
but, when he could hardly walk, he should have been replaced.
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 6th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Frank Reid

Default "Back" - Now Cause and Effect

Cause and Effect
Cubbies win a playoff game - strangers chat around a water cooler
Cubbies win a playoff series - Deepthroat comes out of the closet
Cubbies make it to the World Series - Sybase buys out Oracle
Cubbies play Red Sox in World Series - Microsoft merges with Sun
Cubbies win World Series - Bill Gates switches to Linux
Houston Texans win Superbowl in '04 but McNabb is MVP - The world as we know
it ends

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old October 7th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Tim J.

"Tim J." wrote...
"George Adams" wrote...
daytripper wrote:

"Sometimes"?

Good point.

At least it appears that the agony won't be prolonged this year. {:-(

All a Sox fan can say at this point is "Remember Cleveland". . .

I'd like to thank all of the little people who made this prediction possible.

;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 8th, 2003, 12:00 AM
daytripper

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:47:32 -0400, "Tim J."
wrote:

"Tim J." wrote...
"George Adams" wrote...
daytripper wrote:

"Sometimes"?

Good point.

At least it appears that the agony won't be prolonged this year. {:-(

All a Sox fan can say at this point is "Remember Cleveland". . .

I'd like to thank all of the little people who made this prediction possible.

;-)

You're welcome ;-)

/daytripper (ok, so what's your "Forecast From The Past" for the ALCS? ;-)