GFS2006 final gasp...

Old February 28th, 2006, 01:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default GFS2006 final gasp...

In case anyone has forgotten, there was a fly swap going on to end this
month (damned near made it to march) The final set of flies arrived today
that were sent last Tuesday Priority Mail and took 7 days to travel less
than 700 miles to northeast Indiana. While waiting for flies to arrive I
accidently threw out a complete set sent by Hans van der Stroom. Today
found me up to my armpits in my garbage and near the bottom of this
delightful mess I found his flies, still in the return envelope he so
generously provided (note to Wayno...you might like to try that next year)
:-) Sorting and packaging began this afternoon, and will be completed
tomorrow AM and off to the Post Office. It's a lead pipe cinch I will be
leaving this Wed for either Florida or Southern Calif. so this mess is
ending just in time. My bro in Florida is on vacation now so I've asked for
a trip down that way so we can get in a day or two of fishing. If no trip
is available there then it's off to sunny southern California, somewhere in
the LA basin no doubt. Ya'll didn't need to know all that but just thought
I'd throw it in.

Frank Sr.
....who will run GFS2007?

PS..thanks to all who thought about asking "where's my flies?" but didn't.
:-)
Old February 28th, 2006, 02:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Thanksfor all that you're putting into this Frank! Don't think the fish gods
weren't looking down on you as you dumpster dove for those flies for the
swappers.I'm just glad the trashman was late again ))
Randy Diefert
9.11...

Old February 28th, 2006, 03:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Randy" wrote in
k.net:

Thanksfor all that you're putting into this Frank! Don't think the
fish gods weren't looking down on you as you dumpster dove for those
flies for the swappers.I'm just glad the trashman was late again ))

....trash man wasn't late, I was in Calif. last week and the trash didn't
get put out. Must be all this clean livin'. ;-)

Frank Sr.
Old February 28th, 2006, 04:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Frank Church" schreef in bericht
9.11...
SNIP
found me up to my armpits in my garbage and near the bottom of this
delightful mess I found his flies

They were probably looking for their American relatives ... ;-)

Hans van der Stroom