Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die (by Chris Santella)

Old December 27th, 2007, 10:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

Default Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die (by Chris Santella)

Nobody would care much really, if you weren´t such a nasty ******* to
boot.
Old December 27th, 2007, 10:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Willi

rw wrote:
Willi wrote:

rw wrote:

On the top of my wish list is Seychelles Islands: Bonefish on
St.François Lagoon.

Checked out Seychelles and from Denver it's a 2 1/2 or 3 DAY flight and
just the flight costs almost $5000! Then from there you have to get to
the island where you're staying. Not an easy place to get to. Can't
see going there anytime soon.

Willi

It's just a dream for now, Willi.

I like to fly but a 3 day flight is crazy!

Another destination in the book that sounds great, and much more
affordable and accessible, is Cuba: Tarpon off Jardines de la Pinta.
(Also supposedly excellent bonefishing.) Remember those two English
twins (from York, IIRC) we met in Belize who'd just come from there?
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

They were a pair! Interesting guys. They really liked Cuba.

Whipray Caye was fun. The Cabrals were a fascinating family.

As American citizens we'd have to break the law to go there. Isn't that
****ed up?

It is stupid. I thought Fidel was a goner but the pictures I saw of him
recently made him look much improved (if you can go by that).

I'd be up for a Cuba trip. I think it can be done from Belize. The key
is NOT getting your passport stamped.

It's a vacation destination (I think number 1) for Belizians. If that's
the case, you must be able to do Cuba on the cheap. I'll ask around when
Susan and I are in Belize next month.

Willi
Old December 27th, 2007, 10:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Willi wrote:
rw wrote:

Willi wrote:

rw wrote:

On the top of my wish list is Seychelles Islands: Bonefish on
St.François Lagoon.

Checked out Seychelles and from Denver it's a 2 1/2 or 3 DAY flight and
just the flight costs almost $5000! Then from there you have to get to
the island where you're staying. Not an easy place to get to. Can't
see going there anytime soon.

Willi

It's just a dream for now, Willi.

I like to fly but a 3 day flight is crazy!

Another destination in the book that sounds great, and much more
affordable and accessible, is Cuba: Tarpon off Jardines de la Pinta.
(Also supposedly excellent bonefishing.) Remember those two English
twins (from York, IIRC) we met in Belize who'd just come from there?
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

They were a pair! Interesting guys. They really liked Cuba.

They hated the food! (They were FAT!)

One thing they liked about Cuba was that there weren't a lot of
obnoxious Americans. :-) Especially Texans. :-)

Whipray Caye was fun. The Cabrals were a fascinating family.

I recently got an email XMas card from them. Indeed, the Cabrals are
interesting. We ran into the family again at Glover's Reef. I wonder
what that kid is doing now. What was his name?

As American citizens we'd have to break the law to go there. Isn't
that ****ed up?

It is stupid. I thought Fidel was a goner but the pictures I saw of him
recently made him look much improved (if you can go by that).

I'd be up for a Cuba trip. I think it can be done from Belize. The key
is NOT getting your passport stamped.

According to "the book," Americans usually depart from Cancun.

It's a vacation destination (I think number 1) for Belizians. If that's
the case, you must be able to do Cuba on the cheap. I'll ask around when
Susan and I are in Belize next month.

So you decided on Belize instead of that Mexican place your vet
recommended? Tight lines. It's great that Susan is OK with flying.

Old December 27th, 2007, 10:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:27:16 -0700, Willi
wrote:

rw wrote:

On the top of my wish list is Seychelles Islands: Bonefish on
St.François Lagoon.

Checked out Seychelles and from Denver it's a 2 1/2 or 3 DAY flight and
just the flight costs almost $5000! Then from there you have to get to
the island where you're staying. Not an easy place to get to. Can't see
going there anytime soon.

Willi

Last year I looked into a trip to Alphonse Island (Seychelles), and
the lodging was $5000, plus $4000+ for airfare and additional costs of
lodging along the way coming and going. The $5000 included round trip
airfare from Mahe the capitol to Alphonse.

Old December 27th, 2007, 11:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

Mike wrote:

Indeed, it is probably rather pointless, but still not quite as
pointless as banging one´s forehead on a desktop.

If I did everything I can think of that passed *that* test, I'd
spend a lot of time doing unpleasant things.

Why bother?

- JR

Old December 27th, 2007, 11:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:03:55 -0800 (PST), Mike
wrote:

Nobody would care much really, if you weren´t such a nasty ******* to
boot.

Talkin' to your mirror won't help, Connor.

d;o)

Old December 28th, 2007, 03:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:44:27 -0600, "Wolfgang"
wrote:

You know something we don't?

Hey, Mikey, Jr. The answer to your question is yes.

Which question was that?

Wolfgang

Old December 28th, 2007, 11:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On Dec 28, 12:49 am, JR wrote:
Mike wrote:
Indeed, it is probably rather pointless, but still not quite as
pointless as banging one´s forehead on a desktop.

If I did everything I can think of that passed *that* test, I'd
spend a lot of time doing unpleasant things.

Why bother?

- JR

Well, that´s a fairly good point, but I don´t do any other unpleasant
things, so this place provides a stark contrast, and helps me to
appreciate my blessings. Also, even here there is an occasional ray
of sunshine through the **** shower.

MC
Old December 28th, 2007, 11:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On Dec 28, 12:53 am, Dave LaCourse wrote:

Talkin' to your mirror won't help, Connor.

d;o)

There are doubtless many things which wont help anything much. You
will always be an idiot and a mean spirited ****bag. The first is most
likely genetically programmed, and the second is a character defect.

All I have is a couple of slipped discs, and partial blindness as a
result of being bitten by an infected tick. I don´t like either, but
they are still preferable to your afflictions, and there is some hope
that they can be ameliorated or repaired.

There is no way to repair an idiot.

MC
Old December 28th, 2007, 02:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 03:20:24 -0800 (PST), Mike
wrote:

All I have is a couple of slipped discs, and partial blindness as a
result of being bitten by an infected tick. I don´t like either, but
they are still preferable to your afflictions, and there is some hope
that they can be ameliorated or repaired.

No, Mike. What you have is a pathetic life, sitting in your little
room typing on your keyboard, nowhere to go, nowhere to fish, no
friends, no family, no money, no life.

You come to roff for attention, because you get no attention
otherwise. You are a pathetic little man lost in his own misery, a
Gherke wannabe.