Opie, if you are out there.....

Old December 12th, 2010, 01:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default Opie, if you are out there.....

My deepest sympathy on the drubbing your App State team got from
Villanova.......My UNH Wildcats looked horrible Friday night at Delaware.

Tom
Old December 12th, 2010, 02:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Bowen[_2_]

On Dec 12, 8:39*am, Tom Littleton wrote:
My deepest sympathy on the drubbing your App State team got from
Villanova.......My UNH Wildcats looked horrible Friday night at Delaware.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

I am in deep dark depression at present and cannot reply to your
missive!
Funny, the powers that be at ASU want to go FBS--well our drubbing at
Florida several weeks back and yesterdays fiasco should cool their
heels a bit--or I should hope so anyway! Villanova is a big team and
their quarterback is a BIG fella, not to mention Szszur (sp?), he is
simply a raw talent in so many ways. we were out classed by a long
shot. I suspect to see Deleware and Villanova in the championship--
they seem to be the two to beat. I'll put my money--if I had any--on
Villanova.

Op
Old December 18th, 2010, 04:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Bowen[_2_]

On Dec 12, 8:39*am, Tom Littleton wrote:
My deepest sympathy on the drubbing your App State team got from
Villanova.......My UNH Wildcats looked horrible Friday night at Delaware.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

Well it seems that Villanova received the comeupance, falling to E.
Washington!

So now it looks like Appstate would have lost to E. Washington
too! :~^ (

Not so good for our esteem I must say.

Op
Old December 18th, 2010, 04:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Bowen[_2_]

On Dec 18, 11:50*am, Mark Bowen wrote:
On Dec 12, 8:39*am, Tom Littleton wrote:

My deepest sympathy on the drubbing your App State team got from
Villanova.......My UNH Wildcats looked horrible Friday night at Delaware.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

Well it seems that Villanova received the comeupance, falling to E.
Washington!

So now it looks like Appstate would have lost to E. Washington
too! :~^ (

Not so good for our esteem I must say.

Op

DAMMMIT! I gotta learn to write! Should have read "their comeupance."

Op --the illiterate hillbilly--
Old December 18th, 2010, 09:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Dec 12, 5:39*am, Tom Littleton wrote:
My deepest sympathy on the drubbing your App State team got from
Villanova.......My UNH Wildcats looked horrible Friday night at Delaware.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Tom

And despite the lack of deep snow on the field, Eastern Washington
State overcame this disadvantage to whup the Villanova biguns real
good. However things could get tough for the Cheney Eagles when they
face Georgia Southern or Florida on that treacherous, snow-free field
in Texas on January 7th.

Most of the team (67) are home grown, and then there is "Junior Bo
Levi Mitchell, who hails from Katy, Texas, (who) completed 27-of-38
passes for 292 yards and four touchdowns, giving him 34 for the season
to tie the EWU single-school record."

And . . . "True freshman Mario Brown rushed for 104 yards on 26
carries as he filled in for All-America running back Taiwan Jones, who
missed the game with a foot injury. Brown's 104 rushing yards marked
the 10th individual 100+ rushing yard game of the season for Eastern
Washington, and eighth in a row. Jones had all of the previous nine."
Imagine what the score would have been if Taiwan Jones were healthy.

You should see Central Washington State in a decent year. ;+))

Old December 18th, 2010, 11:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Bowen[_2_]

On Dec 18, 4:03*pm, DaveS wrote:
[...]

Dave

I'll be pullin' for your boyz, Dave. Don't much care for them Deleware
boyz--I mean what school names their FOOTBALL team "Hens!" Blue or
otherwise?

Obviously biased Op
Old December 20th, 2010, 04:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"DaveS" wrote in message
[...]

My son and I enjoyed the game Friday night. Pretty good other than all the
fumbles....

I'll be pulling for EWU!

JT

Old December 21st, 2010, 07:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Bowen[_2_]

On Dec 20, 11:32*am, "JT" wrote:
"DaveS" wrote in message

[...]

Same here! Not too fond of them Delaware Hens.

Op
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Dec 20, 8:32*am, "JT" wrote:
"DaveS" wrote in message

[...]

JT- Hide quoted text -

You know, something just struck me: Central Washington University, by
it's location, programs and emphases would be just the school for a
kid who is into the outdoors, wants the time to do stuff, and still
wants to get a respectable diploma. So i am going to shamelessly plug
it.

Here is a starting list

Skiing, they run a shuttle bus to the pass ski areas, and the powder
is available with a little drive up to Wenatchee. Cross country mucho.
Backcountry too.

Rodeo. The Ellensburg Rodeo is mainline, and the school belongs to the
intercollegiate circuit as i recall.

Fishing. The Yakima, first rate freestone fly river runs by the edge
of town. Miles and miles of accessible water.

River rafting/kayaking too.

Rock Climbing program. Serious mountains like Mt Stewart.

Best/largest timothy hay producing county in West. Racehorse quality
stuff. If you got a horse bring it to college with you. You wouldn't
be the only one.

Neat 1890s architecture, good bars and food.

All sports

Respectable academics

110 miles to Seattle, 20-30 to the Columbia (Water ski) etc etc.

Check out their website

Old December 21st, 2010, 11:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark Bowen[_2_]

On Dec 21, 5:59*pm, DaveS wrote:
On Dec 20, 8:32*am, "JT" wrote:

"DaveS" wrote in message

[...]

Dave- Hide quoted text -

If only I were still a "kid." Mentally, yes--physically, NO!

I had considered both University of Idaho, Moscow and Montana State
University, Bozeman, after my undergrad, but I was still an aged
student at that time--thought about law and fishing but decided to go
back to work instead :~^ (

Op