Tying Areas- Some Place Special

Old December 26th, 2010, 04:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gene

Default Tying Areas- Some Place Special

Alright, I’ll try not to be too corny but there’s something about a
tying area that is special. I’m blessed with a spot in our loft. My
view is of a acre or so of lawn then about 80 acres of woods. Nice!
But in our last home my tying area was in the basement about 15 feet
from a pot belly stove. No windows. That too was special. I think
it’s an escape area. I don’t even have to be tying, just organizing
and getting ready to tie is refreshing. For one thing I’m thinking
about spring and warm weather. I’m not thinking about the next
deliverable to our client at work. Planning for the sequence of
hatches in central PA takes my mind to a much better place then home
chores.

Your thoughts.
Old December 26th, 2010, 06:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

On 12/26/2010 11:43 AM, Gene wrote:
Alright, I’ll try not to be too corny but there’s something about a
tying area that is special. I’m blessed with a spot in our loft. My
view is of a acre or so of lawn then about 80 acres of woods. Nice!
But in our last home my tying area was in the basement about 15 feet
from a pot belly stove. No windows. That too was special. I think
it’s an escape area. I don’t even have to be tying, just organizing
and getting ready to tie is refreshing. For one thing I’m thinking
about spring and warm weather. I’m not thinking about the next
deliverable to our client at work. Planning for the sequence of
hatches in central PA takes my mind to a much better place then home
chores.

Your thoughts.

.....mirror yours precisely. No real view from the tying room(basement
dungeon), save a groundlevel of the back yard. Still, a place of peace
and comfort, right up to the point where I owe Bruce 25 dozen flies in
three days and only have tied 4 dozen so far.......
Tom
Old December 26th, 2010, 11:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Dec 26, 8:43*am, Gene wrote:
Alright, I’ll try not to be too corny but there’s something about a
tying area that is special. *I’m blessed with a spot in our loft. *My
view is of a acre or so of lawn then about 80 acres of woods. *Nice!
But in our last home my tying area was in the basement about 15 feet
from a pot belly stove. *No *windows. *That too was special. *I think
it’s an escape area. *I don’t even have to be tying, just organizing
and getting ready to tie is refreshing. *For one thing I’m thinking
about spring and warm weather. I’m not thinking about the next
deliverable to our client at work. *Planning for the sequence of
hatches in central PA takes my mind to a much better place then home
chores.

Your thoughts.

My tying area I built into the back part of my "toy hauler" style
travel trailer ... I use it when on the road and at home, both. IF I
lower the big back door ( I never wanted the trailer for an RV, I
bought it because it's built for serious, muddy, dusty camping,
coupled with all the conveniences ..you could hose the whole thing
out to clean it, just don't squirt the microwave :-) ... anyway, I
installed shade cloth across the whole back and I can lower that to
have whatever view is available ... my favorite? the HFork from the
"gravel" pit area.

Just because it occurs to me: this trailer is THE very first toy box
I ever saw. I was driving down the freeway, saw it at a dealer with
the back drive in door down, turned around and came back to check it
out. No crystal chandeliers and girly fringes in this thing, it's
built for desert camping ( 100gal fresh water capacity!!) and rough
usage. Plus, I'm claustrophobic and it's very spacious feeling
compared to most trailers the same size ... open the back it's like
being out side, cept the bugs can't get ya. I called my wife on the
spot and asked her to come look at the thing. She showed up, walked
in, noticed the nearly indestructible "man cave" nature of the thing
and said, "It's YOU, let's buy it !!" Yes, I'm blessed, very
blessed, in the wife department.

They make bug netting and such for toy boxes now, but I made my own
and modified this one extensively for my exact use ... tying area
being one of the mods.

Yep, it's a special place in my life G