The subject is: Buyer Beware!

Old September 22nd, 2003, 03:56 PM
Eric

Default The subject is: Buyer Beware!

Another Rod to be aware of is the Morado line. I got an IM7 Morado
rod, it snapped after about 3 months of fishing. I called the
manufacturer to execute my one year warrenty. They wanted me to take
the rod to a dealer in the area and they would exchange it. Howver I
would have to pay a service fee. The service fee was about 75% of what
I paid for the rod. So they are not warrenting there rods they are
selling you another one at cost, this is BOGUS! My recomendation buy
a RedBone and be done with it.

-Eric
www.sal****ersportswear.com
Best Fishing Shirts in Town!

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 20:07:50 -0500, "The RodMaker"
wrote:

Quite a number of yrs. back I came into possession of a Med/Hvy 6'6''
Berkley Energy rod. Nope didn't buy it at Wally World , As close as I can
remember I got it in a trade of some sort.

Nothing special about the rod, it performed
ok. There was however this odd guidewrap on the 3rd guide from the tip. This
particular wrap was about two inches in length. Truthfully I thought some
assembler had,had a few to many the night before. And some how this funky
wrap had gotten thru Berkley's QC.

This rod would not have been destined for much of anything , except that it
had one of the 1st successful decorative wraps that I did , some 8 yrs. ago.
So I decided that this rod should receive a face lift. Last nite I began to
remove the guides to prepare the rod for a Robert's wrap, Since the Spine
was 180 degrees from where it should have been for a baitcaster. When I
remove the questionable guide , I found that there was a wrap underneath.

Suddenly a lite went on in the ole brain pan, and as I removed the rest of
the wrap my suspicions were confirmed. This rod had a 14" tip section added
for whatever reason.
Had I looked more closely before I would have noticed that this tip section
had a much faster taper than the rest of the rod.

Now for what ever reason this was done is beyond me.Maybe it was an
expermental blank that was not supposed to see the light of day. But the
fact is that certain people at the plant where Berkley rods are made knew
about this. Just goes to show what will fly out the door when mass
production is involved.

Don't get me wrong , as I am sure that this is an isolated instance , Or is
it? Maybe we as consumers simply never hear about these things. As I said
"let the buyer beware" ! The more knowledge you possess ,the better armed
you are.