Browning Citori

Old December 28th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Bob La Londe

Default Browning Citori

I received a Browning Citori from one of my fishing buddies for Christmas.
As most of you guys know I fish mostly spinning tackle except for flipping
and working jigs. I do have one I occasionally throw a buzzbait on, but
mostly I fish my cast and retrieve stuff on spinning tackle. I was kinda
wondering what rod to pair this reel up with. In fact I went over to
Sportsmen's Hide-A-Way yesterday to look at rods. I got in a long
conversation with Dave, and wound up leaving at closing time without ever
getting a chance to look at any rods.

Just a few minutes ago sitting here in my office Fed Ex arrived with the
replacement for my Lamiglas 3 power I sent off to be repaired back in
November. I think it will be a decent rod to try for crank baits. I
originally tried it for spinner baits, and it was ok, but for the smaller
ones I couldn't feel the blades very well.

I bounced the tip of the rod on the floor a couple times, and I think it
just might be the ticket.

As a side note: Lamiglas was the slowest to respond when I sent off rods,
but they did take the effort to call me and let me know that my rod was
delayed because they didn't have one of that size and weight on hand.

I'm all excited. Even with this front moving in I still want to get out on
the water and try this thing.

--
Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old December 28th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Charles Summers

We don't want to hear about any stenkin' fronts Bob... at least you don't
have to winterize. After getting mine ready for the next couple months cold
weather, I looked at www.weather.com and noticed it was going to be darn
near 70 this week!

If I could have only waited one more week.

Oh yeah, about the rod. It should be fine as a crankbait rod. I can't
remember what you said the length of it was, but 6' ~ 6'6" is decent.

Old December 28th, 2004, 10:54 PM
RGarri7470

From: "Bob La Londe"

Maybe that is why you have so many problems with rods? I try very hard not to
bounce my rod tips on anything.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old December 28th, 2004, 10:54 PM
RGarri7470

Old December 29th, 2004, 04:06 AM
Bob La Londe

LOL. I actually gently flexed the rod against the floor much in the same
way you might if trying to determine the spine of the rod, but in this case
it was to try and re-estimate the speed and power of the rod.

--
Spinner Baits Tips & Tricks Contest
featuring

** Public Fishing and Boating Forums
** www.YumaBassMan.com

Old December 29th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Jeff Durham

And I thought you got yourself a new over and under shotgun. :-) I did not
know there was a Browning Citori fishing reel. In fact, I was trying to
figure out if you were making some sort of joke about fishing with a shotgun
until I looked up this reel and saw it on Bass Pro's website.

Have fun with it!!! Our lakes froze over this week due to the subzero
overnight temperatures. It might be 60 by the weekend so maybe things will
open back up.

Jeff

Old December 30th, 2004, 09:12 AM
G. M. Zimmermann

I received a Browning Citori from one of my fishing buddies for Christmas.

I read that line and my first thought was: "WOW, what a buddy! I never get a
shotgun for christmas from my friends!"
Then I read on and discoverd that there is also a Browning Citori fishing reel,
and I was much less impressed, LOL.

-Zimmy

Old December 31st, 2004, 05:12 PM
Joshuall

Bob,
I think one of the real keys is a good crank bait rod. I use a
fiberglass seven footer. It's great for casting and has a nice flexible tip.
I've noticed my hook ratio up since I switched to the softer tip fiberglass
rod a few years ago. The other thing that I use on it that gives me super
feel as well is braided line. The combo really seems to work for me. The
only time I really change from the braided line to something else is if I'm
in super clear water. Hope this helps.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear