Sea salmon

Old August 7th, 2005, 03:54 PM
david

Default Sea salmon

Just come home from vancouver. 6 chinook salmon over 20lb, one coho to 15lb,
2 sea bass to 10lb. three bites played and lost.

What a fight from these fish. and sooooo tasty.

If you can make canada for the fishing, blooming great.

JOOI, cought at c30 feet, 40lb mono line, single action reels.

David

Old August 7th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Keith M

Damned good fishing David, now back to earth with a bump.
Is it you who has single handedly caught and hidden all the UK sea fish?
Is this the David who only 12 months(ish) didn't know one end of a rod from
the other.

If you are he welcome back

Keith M

Old August 7th, 2005, 10:01 PM
david

Is this the David who only 12 months(ish) didn't know one end of a rod
from
the other.

Yes, I fear I might be he. I have put a fare bit of effort into getting
taught to fish though, rather than just going out and chucking hooks in.
Managed to get quite a haul to my name now! And having a ball into the
bargain.

I learnt a few lessons very early on, and they have served me well:

Shiney fishing rods are meant for catching fishermen, not fish.

Think like a fish.

Fish will be where they are for a reason - if there's no reason for them to
either be there or be gobbling hooks, then they wont be.

As to having stolen all the sea fish...sorry. I was hoping to go out shore
fishing for bass but maybe they have gone too! ;o((

Old August 8th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Keith M

Well then, its good to have you back.
This ng hasn't been the same without you.and the guys who used to contibute
both to your questions and to others.
Fill us all in on where/what you've been and doing.

Have fun with the bass, plenty for all but only kill what covers your
immediate need.

I've moved from 6oz lead & beach casters to a s/h carp rod, small f/s reel
with 10lb braid and either plugs or up to1 oz of lead max + a baited hook.
..
Far more sporting ( not that a fish will break the braid) but at least they
have a chance to fight rather than just shake their heads a bit as they are
winched in..

Keith M