trolling motor

Old October 29th, 2007, 11:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
fishtale

Default trolling motor

I have a small boat and the outboard (2) on the back is maxed out. I
want to get a small battery operated trolling motor to be mounted on
the bow. Is there a bracket or something that will allow a bow mount.
Thanks

Old October 30th, 2007, 12:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

fishtale wrote:
I have a small boat and the outboard (2) on the back is maxed out. I
want to get a small battery operated trolling motor to be mounted on
the bow. Is there a bracket or something that will allow a bow mount.
Thanks

No,,,, they don't make a bow mount for a trolling motor

It's too hard to "troll" with one mounted on the front

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,
Fishing lure remote control
Old October 30th, 2007, 01:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

That all depends on the style and make of the motor you are going to buy.
Also, if this boat is like a small row/john boat, you can attach a transom
mount on the side of the boat and still control it by the handle.

Max
http://www.anglingadventures.info
http://www.e-z-travel.net

ups.com...

Old October 30th, 2007, 01:26 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Guy Anderson, Sr.

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:29:53 -0500, Rodney Long
wrote:

fishtale wrote:
I have a small boat and the outboard (2) on the back is maxed out. I
want to get a small battery operated trolling motor to be mounted on
the bow. Is there a bracket or something that will allow a bow mount.
Thanks

No,,,, they don't make a bow mount for a trolling motor

Au contraire, mon ami. Here's a link to BPS's bow or stern mount
adapter:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...002000_200-2-4

Guy A
Ripley, TN
Old October 30th, 2007, 02:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Guy Anderson, Sr. wrote:

No,,,, they don't make a bow mount for a trolling motor

Au contraire, mon ami. Here's a link to BPS's bow or stern mount
adapter:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...002000_200-2-4

I see you don't know the asker of the question :-)

He is the news group's troll,, (my reason for saying it's too hard to
"troll" with a bow mount ) or the most stupid person that has ever held
a rod,, he has been on here for many years, asking questions just like
this. He has seen hundreds of post about bow mounts here over the years,
he just wanted someone to answer him on the net,, he gets off on that,
and he had nothing else worth posting he could think of.

If he had been a new member or someone wanting to take up fishing I
would have given him the proper answer. I just wanted to see his
response when I said there was no such thing :-)

Sorry for the confusion, I forget new people read this group

Old October 30th, 2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

wrote in message
. ..
That all depends on the style and make of the motor you are going to buy.
Also, if this boat is like a small row/john boat, you can attach a transom
mount on the side of the boat and still control it by the handle.

Max
http://www.anglingadventures.info
http://www.e-z-travel.net

MAX!!!

Where the heck have you been? I've wondered what happened to you, you
haven't been here in a long time! Please email me off-group, will you?
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 30th, 2007, 10:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
fishtale

On Oct 29, 8:12 pm, wrote:
That all depends on the style and make of the motor you are going to buy.
Also, if this boat is like a small row/john boat, you can attach a transom
mount on the side of the boat and still control it by the handle.

Maxhttp://www.anglingadventures.infohttp://www.e-z-travel.net

Yes it is a small boat with a motor on the back. I need to find a
place to install a trolling motor. I looked for pictures on the web.
Will search side mount. A further question is can I fully charge the
battery via solar. My catch rate is good but lookin to improve it next
season.

"fishtale" wrote in message

ups.com...

I have a small boat and the outboard (2) on the back is maxed out. I
want to get a small battery operated trolling motor to be mounted on
the bow. Is there a bracket or something that will allow a bow mount.
Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Old October 30th, 2007, 11:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
John B

Fistale wrote:

A further question is can I fully charge the battery via solar. My
catch rate is good but lookin to improve it next season.

=======

I don't care what other people say Al, I for one, enjoy the "laughs" I
get from some of your posts! Besides, I can't "Plonk" ya with this webtv
thing!

Everybody needs a passtime...but you might try fishng for real, ya might
like it!

John B

Old October 31st, 2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

fishtale wrote:
On Oct 29, 8:12 pm, wrote:
That all depends on the style and make of the motor you are going to buy.
Also, if this boat is like a small row/john boat, you can attach a transom
mount on the side of the boat and still control it by the handle.

Maxhttp://www.anglingadventures.infohttp://www.e-z-travel.net

Yes it is a small boat with a motor on the back. I need to find a
place to install a trolling motor. I looked for pictures on the web.
Will search side mount. A further question is can I fully charge the
battery via solar.

Sure,,a standard solar charger will fully charge a 12 volt battery in
about 14 days,, if the sun is bright