109 lb Thrust Trolling Mtrs !

Old December 21st, 2007, 12:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

Default 109 lb Thrust Trolling Mtrs !

Well . . . until a few months ago I didn't even know they made a trolling
motor with that much thrust. I think I found out about it while watching
Bass Tech and Gerald Swindle was setting up a boat for a guy with one.!
Question is do those size motors require a three battery set up? And at what
point in terms of pounds of thrust do you have to have three batteries. I've
never seen one that high even on the floor at BP. Where can one even look at
one ? Thanks guys and gals

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old December 21st, 2007, 01:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Joshuall" wrote in message
. ..
Well . . . until a few months ago I didn't even know they made a trolling
motor with that much thrust. I think I found out about it while watching
Bass Tech and Gerald Swindle was setting up a boat for a guy with one.!
Question is do those size motors require a three battery set up? And at
what point in terms of pounds of thrust do you have to have three
batteries. I've never seen one that high even on the floor at BP. Where
can one even look at one ? Thanks guys and gals

MK 101 and MG 109 both take three batteries.

MG 82 takes 2. MK 74 takes 2.

I run an MG 109 Tour on my BassCat and its just barely enough sometimes when
I am flipping the current. I run an MG 82 Tour on my little tin boat and
its more than enough.

The big thing though for most folks is battery capacity. Get group 31
batteries for everything no matter what size TM you are using.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old December 21st, 2007, 04:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
gwilber

I have the MK 101 on my boat with 3 batteries plus 1 starting battery
and most of the time I don't need that much power. It is nice though
on windy days and when I am in rivers fishing up into the current.

Gary