Most extreme fishing conditions...

Old September 19th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)

Default Most extreme fishing conditions...

Lake Pinchot, PA. I was float tubing and working my way around a rock pile about 200 yards from shore when a fast moving thunder
storm blew in from nowhere. I'm paddling as fast as I can for the nearest shore when I get a BIG electric shock up my legs
(lightning must of hit the lake some where) and everything from the waist down goes numb and my legs won't work. Talk about
scared. . . . After about 10 minutes the feeling in my legs starts coming back and I can move again. I got to shore and it took
a long time to go the short distance to my car as my legs where still weak. Now I check the weather a lot closer befor I head out.
Bye the way Shawn, that's the same float tube you have now! Stay away from thunder storms in it. Bill P.

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:34:28 EDT, RichZ sent into the
ether:

OK, we've had threads recently about the dumbest thing we've done while
fishing and how many species weve caught on a spinnerbait, etc.

Here's another one.

What were the worst weather/water conditions you ever fished under?

Old September 19th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Dark Knight

Damn fine kid you got there Richard.

DK

"Richard Liebert" wrote in message
Lake Warner, PA, last March in a day long tournament. 1/2" sleet in the
boat. Two fish I think. My son was 12 and could ask to leave anytime. He
fished the whole tournament.

"RichZ" wrote in message
OK, we've had threads recently about the dumbest thing we've done while
fishing and how many species weve caught on a spinnerbait, etc.

Here's another one.

What were the worst weather/water conditions you ever fished under?

I'll save my own response till tomorrow.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old September 19th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Gone Angling

I have had a few encounters with nocturnal animals including a mugger while
night fishing.

Old September 20th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Carlos

Speaking of snow. I had a friend of mine tell me about getting stuck in
Georgia for several days on the Interstate when they had a freak snowstorm
that stopped everything. Sitting on the Interstate with the boat having
left the "Big O" I think that was about 5 or 6 years ago. He said 4 wheel
drive was useless as the locals and semis had every opportunity blocked
until it melted. They should have stayed in Florida instead of trying to
beat the storm home.

Carlos

Old September 20th, 2003, 02:00 PM
RGarri7470

He said 4 wheel
drive was useless as the locals and semis had every opportunity blocked

Its not the locals that block traffic after a snow or ice storm here - we got
enough sense to stay inside where its warm. Its the damn yankees that "think"
they know how to drive in it that block all the roads!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old September 20th, 2003, 04:13 PM
J Buck

Its not the locals that block traffic after a snow or ice storm here -
we got enough sense to stay inside where its warm. Its the damn yankees
that "think" they know how to drive in it that block all the roads!

Maybe us damn Yankees "think" we know how to drive in it because we
"have" to for
at least 4 months of the year.

Old September 21st, 2003, 04:02 AM
RGarri7470

Maybe us damn Yankees "think" we know how to drive in it because we
"have" to for
at least 4 months of the year.

DamnYankees is one word that refers to folks that move to the south, not just
visit and go home. And if they ever knew how to drive on snow and ice they
sure don't show it here. Us smart southerners just stay home.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old September 21st, 2003, 04:54 AM
Henry Hefner

Default Yankees (was: Most extreme fishing conditions...)

A northerner who moves to Texas may be a Yankee transplant or a
Damnyankee. During the '80s "Let's all move to Texas" decade, "Native
Texan" became a popular bumper sticker. I still see Yankee transplants
with stickers that say: "Not a Native Texan.....but I got here as quick
as I could!" Yankee transplants can make great Texans. Just being born
here doesn't make you better than others, just luckier! Damnyankees can
easily be spotted in crowds if you listen. They spend most of all
coversations complaining about everything from weather to politics, and
think their purpose on earth is to tell the rest of us how things are
done so much better "up north".

Old September 21st, 2003, 05:15 AM
J Buck

I don't want to get into a mud-slinging contest (there's a better word
for it but I read the FAQ, so I won't use it). Frankly, I have about as
much use for outta staters as you guys down south do...i.e., "Welcome!
Spend your money...then go home!" No hard feelings, 'k?

Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:00 AM
RGarri7470

Welcome!
Spend your money...then go home!" No hard feelings, 'k?

Amen to both.

Had a laugh yesterday at the funeral home - we were talking about folks moving
south and saying their kids are southerners because they were born here. Lewis
Grizzard had a saying about that - just because the cat has her kittens in the
oven we don't call them biscuits!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com