tackle reorganized finally

Old January 14th, 2004, 02:11 PM
kenneth blevins

Default tackle reorganized finally

I finally got finished sorting out and reorganizing my tackle . I think that
I have done a pretty fair job deciding what goes where , etc . I took a
little from each post and came up with a working plan. For my spinnerbaits
I sorted them out by color ,weight,blade combo,and success rate.After doing
that I saw which baits I caught fish on and which ones I never use.Exit
never used spinnerbaits.Pretty much did the same for soft plastics but I
bought several worm binders that I sorted out by brands and catch rate.
[Senkos- worms- etc] Exit unused plastics. Most of my cranks where sorted
out fairly well because when I buy a new bait I always write the depth on
the bait with a magic marker, again getting rid of the lures that weren't
working for me cut down the number of cranks I carry.Jigs and trailers were
the easiest for me because I use jigs the least and have the less of them
than anything else.Terminal tackle [ hooks -beads-swivels -leader material-
etc-etc ]not a problem.I ended up buying me a soft sided , six box tackle
box to keep my unused stuff.
Thanks for the great suggestions
Ken
PS my daughter suggested a soft sided CD case for fpinnerbaits.Anyone tried
that?? Might work

Old January 15th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Henry Hefner

PS my daughter suggested a soft sided CD case for fpinnerbaits.Anyone tried
that?? Might work

I don't know what a fpinnerbait is. But I do know a guy that says
when he wants to carry just a couple of spinnerbaits with him, that
those AOL cd cases that come in the mail work well for him.

Old January 15th, 2004, 05:53 AM
Marty

Henry Hefner wrote in message
I don't know what a fpinnerbait is. But I do know a guy that says
when he wants to carry just a couple of spinnerbaits with him, that
those AOL cd cases that come in the mail work well for him.

I just yesterday saw a Flambeau box in Galyan's that hold six spinnerbaits.
Just like a bigger box where the baits hang in a notch, but this one's about
7" long and about 1" thick. Looks like a pretty good box for a shore
fisherman or someone who wants to just carry a few.