Repairing a broken rod tip

Old May 9th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Charles B. Summers

Default Repairing a broken rod tip

That sounds about right... however, my tip was the result of constantly
catching the bottom of the lake. For some reason, mine didn't break, but
rather just pulled off. Must be those cheap BPS rods.

On a side note, the Bionic Blades are pretty decent rods, except for some
reason, after a couple of years the epoxy around the guides start flaking
off. It's no problem if you know how to do it, but when it happens while
you're fishing, it sucks.

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
"Rob Storm" wrote in message
Jerry --

You obviously haven't heard about the signal system that Charles and I

have
worked out. It goes like this: When I hook a bass (mayby I should say,

"On
the off chance that I hook a bass") I holler "Sonnnnnn." then Charles

knows the
message is "I seem to have a fish on. Would you be so kind as to net it

for
me. Thanks so much, old chap."

But if -- and this is a much more likely scenario -- if I holler
"SH*********TTT" and start beating my rod tip in the water, threshing the
surface so it sounds like a manatee mating with a wounded water buffalo,

then
Charles knows what I'm really saying is, "Oh bother! I had a fish hooked,
probably 5 or 6 pounds, but -- dash it all -- I seem to have lost it.

Never
mind about a net." It's a good system, works every time. It IS a little

hard
on rod tips.

That's my story. I really don't know how Charles broke his tip.

By the way Charles -- I haven't told you how much I enjoyed sharing your

boat
again. It's always a pleasure! Hope I can make it to Wisconsin.

Family, Friends, Fishing,
Rob Storm
http://stormsrestaurants.com

Old May 9th, 2004, 02:48 AM
Jerry Barton

I just know you're thinking about those St. Croix's in my boat

. ..