The politics of nature

Old December 29th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz

Default The politics of nature

"Larry L" wrote in message

"rw" wrote

.. and votes for someone like Al Gore (or Howard Dean, or virtually any
Democrat), instead of making an egotistical, feel-good gesture that
subverts the larger purpose.

When I look at what the current administration is doing, I think that
Ralph Nader and his supporters have a lot to answer for.

good point ... my votes for "oddballs" have all been in local offices ....
but still wasted in that sense

If you feel, now, that you wasted a vote, then, I suggest that you just quit
votin'. Maybe then you'll feel better about yourself!

although I think "getting people thinking" depends on focusing them on

what
the want, not fear, I nonetheless feel that in a choice of evils.... the
current evil is far too evil ...... and we must vote for a lesser one, a
lesser one with hope of winning

Your vote doesn't have to count for ****, if it satisfies your conscience.

Op

Old December 29th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
rw wrote in
m:

When I look at what the current administration is doing, I think that
Ralph Nader and his supporters have a lot to answer for.

There's noone to blame for the last election except the Gore team and the
Democratic Party. Alternatives are what maked elections in this country
great. It's not a weakness.

Scott

Thank goodness, finally, an honest individual!

Op

Old December 30th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Wayne Knight

"Guyz-N-Flyz" wrote in message
. ..

Ralph Nader and his supporters had/have a legitimate right
to be heard. The votes cast for Nader in no way helped nor hurt Dubya.

From a macro-political veiwpoint markie, nader did help Bush. If one assumes
the greenies were going to vote, one would have to assume they were not
going to vote georgie, even if 50% voted for another alternative candidate,
one must assume Gore would have received the rest of those votes and in
Florida that would have been enough to save Gore's inept campaign.

But what most democrats conviently forget, that Perot probably did the same
thing to aid clinton during the first election.

Personally I think the need to find Bin Laden is greater than ever. His
group's act of mass murder and property destruction "saved" the Bush II
presidency. It's a shame all those innocent people who were murdered for an
ideology ended up dying to save a president.

Old December 30th, 2003, 02:03 AM
Lat705

I hope the "swing voter"
cares about the environment, outdoor issues, the growing gap between
the mega-rich and the working poor, the huge bill we're handing our
grandkids to pay for the economic folly of the smirking chimp, and
knows that Saddam Hussein didn't mastermind 9/11.

But I wouldn't bet on it.

--
Ken Fortenberry

You forgot "and has an IQ above room temperature"

Lou T
Old December 30th, 2003, 03:58 AM
rw

Scott Seidman wrote:

There's noone to blame for the last election except the Gore team and the
Democratic Party.

Well, besides Ralph Nader, there's Jeb Bush, Kathleen Harris, and the
Supreme Court.

Old December 30th, 2003, 04:29 AM
daytripper

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:45:21 -0500, "Guyz-N-Flyz"
wrote:
[snip]
If I have to reiterate the Pirates words, I think I will just puke.

Yeah, well, if I did that I'd puke too...

Give me a ****in' break, Ralph Nader and his supporters had/have a legitimate right
to be heard. The votes cast for Nader in no way helped nor hurt Dubya.

Do the math:

Shrublett "won" Florida by less than a thousand "votes".
Nader took around 30000 votes in Florida.

There are 30000 voters in Florida that we can all blame for the result.

/daytripper (*I* sure as hell didn't vote for the First Nitwit...)
Old December 30th, 2003, 04:33 AM
daytripper

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:49:02 -0500, "Guyz-N-Flyz"
wrote:
If you feel, now, that you wasted a vote, then, I suggest that you just quit
votin'. Maybe then you'll feel better about yourself!

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/sto...LATE=DEFA ULT

/daytripper (This is not the country I was raised in. I want MY country back.)
Old December 30th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Wolfgang

"daytripper" wrote in message

...(*I* sure as hell didn't vote for the First Nitwit...)

I assume you mean the CURRENT First Nitwit.

Wolfgang
who didn't either......nor for the first first nitwit either, for that
matter.

Old December 30th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Wolfgang

"daytripper" wrote in message

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/sto...LATE=DEFA ULT

"The FBI noted that use of almanacs or maps may be innocent, 'the product of
legitimate recreational or commercial activities.' "

Hm.....I dunno.....every time I'm in downtown Chicago and some swarthy
individual with a thick Arabic accent holding an almanac asks me how he
might find a tall building, please, it sets my antennae to wiggling
something fierce.

"But it warned that when combined with suspicious behavior - such as
apparent surveillance - a person with an almanac 'may point to possible
terrorist planning.'"

God help us all when the feebs find out about DeLorme.

/daytripper (This is not the country I was raised in. I want MY country

back.)

Well, that's what you get for wasting your vote.

Wolfgang
who would be content to find his way back to his home planet.

Old December 30th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Scott Seidman

rw wrote in
m:

Scott Seidman wrote:

There's noone to blame for the last election except the Gore team and
the Democratic Party.

Well, besides Ralph Nader, there's Jeb Bush, Kathleen Harris, and the
Supreme Court.

Not to mention an imperfect voting method that can't guarantee an accurate
count, but face it, the election was Gore's to lose, and he lost it.

Scott