Tulpehocken Creek, PA

Old May 8th, 2006, 03:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

Default Tulpehocken Creek, PA

finally escaped the yard work, and hangover post-derby winnings, and headed
to the Tully to fish a bit this afternoon. Little was hatching, and few fish
were feeding when I arrived at 3. Managed a small one on a sulfur nymph, a
couple more on tan wets. The fish started to rise, and sulfurs and tan
caddis were flying about, still pretty sparsely. After failing miserably on
a variety of dries and surface emergers, I returned to a pair of wets. In
this case, a #14 sulfur on the point, and a #18 olive starling on the
dropper. The fish went berserk for a couple of hours on this pairing, taking
the olive at least equally often as the sulfur(perhaps it looks like a
midge?). I landed a very nice Tully rainbow, and two sizeable browns along
with a lot of small trout. Left when leader repair was needed (about 8 pm)
with trout still rising all over the stream. Never did get one to take a
dry.......
Tom

Old May 8th, 2006, 04:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Mon, 08 May 2006 02:20:35 GMT, "Tom Littleton" wrote:

[...]

Perhaps Monday would be the day for dries on that stream?
Old May 8th, 2006, 05:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

wrote:

[...]

Okay, you stupid, idiotic, lying, partisan piece of ****...what kind of
moronic asshole posts poorly-written crap like this, right here on a
flyfis...er...nevermind...anyway, isn't Bush responsible for the lack of
success on the dries? Wouldn't a Democratic something or another
guarantee success with naked hooks ?

**** off, you...you...you...fisher, you,
....oh, BTW, JF was a hoot, and if you haven't heard, apparently Fats
Domino may not be long for the world...and Lionel Richie ain't, on his
best month, Fats on his worst day...and, not to be another touch upon
yet another OT or anything, but the willowflies are, well, flying, and a
fresh brim (that's "bream" for you picky ****ers) fry is in the works...

PS- Leroy da' bum says "howyadoin', whiteboy" and Settlesworth says,
"Really, sir, that rather, um, interesting personage of your
acquaintance? Is he still of your acquaintance? Well, sir, he is
rather interesting. I would happily send my regards should you so
request." I hope you'll be happy to know that I did not merely request,
but instructed as such.
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Mon, 08 May 2006 04:54:48 GMT, rw

Okay, you stupid, idiotic, lying, partisan piece of ****...what kind of
moronic asshole posts poorly-written crap like this, right here on a
flyfis...er...nevermind...anyway, isn't Bush responsible for the lack of
success on the dries?

You must come to Jesus, and accept Christ as your Savior.

Well, I don't about the coming to another guy (that'd be your
department), but I've already accepted what will be MY salvation...as
always, YMMV...

HTH,
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"daytripper" wrote in message

Perhaps Monday would be the day for dries on that stream?

dries on the Tully are always a dicey prospect, as the fish in the stream
have the pickiest approach to surface fare I have ever seen, anywhere. They
will float for up to 4 or 5 feet under a fly, seemingly inspecting the hook
for imperfections in finish, then finish by rejection or a very quick take.
They take naturals the same as imitations. Wet flies, for some reason, get
grabbed with more enthusiasm and less wariness.
Tom

Old May 8th, 2006, 10:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

wrote in message

Okay, you stupid, idiotic, lying, partisan piece of ****...what kind of
moronic asshole posts poorly-written crap like this, right here on a
flyfis...er...nevermind...anyway, isn't Bush responsible for the lack of
success on the dries? Wouldn't a Democratic something or another
guarantee success with naked hooks ?

has anyone ever told you that you have the most bizarre internet persona?
Bush is, of course, responsible for most of the bad things on this or most
other planets, but I can screw up angling by myself. As for naked hooks or
Democrats, I just don't want to go there.

...oh, BTW, JF was a hoot, and if you haven't heard, apparently Fats
Domino may not be long for the world...and Lionel Richie ain't, on his
best month, Fats on his worst day...

that's it, rub it in that my schedule didn't cooperate. Hadn't heard about
Fats, but concur about Lionel.

the willowflies are, well, flying, and a
fresh brim (that's "bream" for you picky ****ers) fry is in the works...

O Black Water, keep on rolling...wait, that's another song.......

PS- Leroy da' bum says "howyadoin', whiteboy" and Settlesworth says,
"Really, sir, that rather, um, interesting personage of your
acquaintance? Is he still of your acquaintance? Well, sir, he is
rather interesting. I would happily send my regards should you so
request." I hope you'll be happy to know that I did not merely request,
but instructed as such.

you are SO demanding of the help.....anyhoo, quit calling L a bum, he is
employment-challenged, and can shoot a mean game of 9-ball to make ends
meet. The tin can and bad guitar licks are just a scam, he has a nice place
in St. Thomas. As for Settlesworth, I find the fact he finds me "rather
interesting" a bit unnerving, and shall carry a weapon when in his presence,
henceforth. Hope that all who could make it there did enjoy the Jazz Fest.
We here in PA Dutch country view the annual Polka and Lebanon Bologna Fest
with similar enthusiasm.
Tom

Old May 8th, 2006, 10:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"rw" wrote in message

You must come to Jesus, and accept Christ as your Savior.

talk about religious experiences.....I write, for a change, a freaking
fishing report and get Tripper, Dean and RW sending, um,
commentary......Geez, I hit the exacta on Saturday, and the Trifecta on
Sunday night!! Woot!
Tom

Old May 8th, 2006, 10:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

On Mon, 08 May 2006 21:22:51 GMT, "Tom Littleton" wrote:

"rw" wrote in message

You must come to Jesus, and accept Christ as your Savior.

talk about religious experiences.....I write, for a change, a freaking
fishing report and get Tripper, Dean and RW sending, um,
commentary......Geez, I hit the exacta on Saturday, and the Trifecta on
Sunday night!! Woot!
Tom

Um, my bad. I thought this was an actual flyfishing thread...
Old May 8th, 2006, 11:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly

"daytripper" wrote in message

Um, my bad. I thought this was an actual flyfishing thread...

yeah, kinda shocking isn't it?vbseg
Tom