feedback on fly fishing site

Old February 12th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Default feedback on fly fishing site

Iveyxs wrote:
Hi everyone,
snip
I'm trying to make this a good place to get supplies and establish myself as a
reputable website owner.

Barry, this is what is known as SPAM. There is no surer way to insure
a reputation as a scumbag and a moron than to post crap like this to
roff. This is not the place for you to advertise, it will do far more
harm to your business than good.

Now, if you want to contact me via email I might consider giving your
new site a professional critique, at my usual fee, of course.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old February 12th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Tim J.

"Iveyxs" wrote...
Hi everyone,

I've been a fisherman ever since I was able to walk, so it's only natural for
me to want more from my hobby. After months of trial and error, I finally
located a wholesaler that would sell to me with no minimum. I've started a
website - intheboat.com and would appreciate any input on how I might improve
the useability of it.

Please note any of the following or others you might recognize a need for:
1.) ease of navagation
2.) overall feel
3.) does anything not make sense
4.) colors
5.) layout and design
6.) what other stuff would make nice additions (e.g. forum, tutorials, etc...)
7.) produces you would like to see available
I'm trying to make this a good place to get supplies and establish myself as a
reputable website owner.

Thanks for your help. Please contact me directly with any feedback at
,

Several comments:
1) The statement that you want replies via email rather than reply posts to this
thread indicates slimey spam. Unless you're going to stick around in the
newsgroup, this is, as Ken stated, just spam. On the assumption that you truly
want some feedback. . .
2) You need an "About Us" page so people know with whom they're dealing.
3) Pictures are needed for all of the items you're selling. It looks like you're
working on that.
4) Many of the categories are near-empty, and I get the impression you're not
*really* starting a business, but just expanding a hobby. There's no sense
launching the site until there's stuff in it. You'll discourage people from ever
returning this way.
--
FWIW,
Tim

Old February 12th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Iveyxs

Sorry guys my intention was not to spam but receive genuine response from the
fly fishing community. I want my site to be a place where people can find the
information they seek. If you can provide ideas on information you would like
to see that would be appreciated. If all you want to do is flame and accuse
people of spamming than that is your right. However, I want REAL fly fisherman
to tell me what information they would like to see on my site.
================================
www.intheboat.com - affordable fly tying supplies
================================
Old February 12th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Tim J.

"Iveyxs" wrote...
Sorry guys my intention was not to spam but receive genuine response from the
fly fishing community. I want my site to be a place where people can find the
information they seek. If you can provide ideas on information you would like
to see that would be appreciated. If all you want to do is flame and accuse
people of spamming than that is your right. However, I want REAL fly fisherman
to tell me what information they would like to see on my site.

5) BIOYA
--
HTH,
Tim

Old February 12th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Iveyxs wrote:
half-assed insincerities snipped
However, I want REAL fly fisherman
to tell me what information they would like to see on my site.

Well of course you do, you ignorant dumb ****, but you're not
gonna find many people here willing to do your marketing research
for you for free.

You think you've found the mother lode, a captive audience of
fly fishermen ready, willing and able to help a nice guy out
with his new business. Think again, scumbag. We all pay for our
little slice of the Usenet pie just so we can avoid freeloaders
like you.

Take your SPAM and shove it, asshole.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old February 12th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Tim J. wrote:

Now, what was the GD difference between your "constructive opinion" and my
original post? I offered what I felt were three good ideas for improvement of
the site, get blasted by the original poster (who totally ignored my input), and
get labeled "net nanny" by you!? WTF? ...

You're looking for logic, consistency and good sense from a SPAMmer and a Putz ?

WTF indeed.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old February 12th, 2004, 07:45 PM
rw

Tim J. wrote:

Now, what was the GD difference between your "constructive opinion" and my
original post?

Uh, just who are you quoting there, Tim?

I offered what I felt were three good ideas for improvement of
the site, get blasted by the original poster (who totally ignored my input), and
get labeled "net nanny" by you!? WTF?

I agree. You did offer good ideas, and I apologize for calling you a net
nanny. I'd only seen your "BIOYA" post at that time. Please change "net
nannies" to "net nanny." :-)

Old February 12th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Wayne Harrison

"rw" wrote

I apologize for calling you a net
nanny.

sweet baby jesus; now come, armageddon!

wayno (i wonder where timmaaay got those images of you with the goat?)