ROFB FAQ, Guidelines, Website

Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default ROFB FAQ, Guidelines, Website

For those interested in the purpose, guidelines and documented FAQ of ROFB
visit:

http://www.rofb.net

Also, to members. Let me know if you would like me to institute a user
interactive gallery. I have plenty of storage & bandwidth available on the
current hosting site.

Old March 3rd, 2009, 07:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
For those interested in the purpose, guidelines and documented FAQ of ROFB
visit:

http://www.rofb.net

Also, to members. Let me know if you would like me to institute a user
interactive gallery. I have plenty of storage & bandwidth available on
the current hosting site.

I noticed that many of the pages still say Site Sponsored by Secret Weapon
Lures. Does anybody have any objection to me changing that since I am now
paying for the hosting and registration renenwals? (Not that it costs very
much.)

Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
family-outdoors

On Mar 3, 1:08*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote in ...

For those interested in the purpose, guidelines and documented FAQ of ROFB
visit:

http://www.rofb.net

Also, to members. *Let me know if you would like me to institute a user
interactive gallery. *I have plenty of storage & bandwidth available on
the current hosting site.

I noticed that many of the pages still say Site Sponsored by Secret Weapon
Lures. *Does anybody have any objection to me changing that since I am now
paying for the hosting and registration renenwals? *(Not that it costs very
much.)

How about change it to sponsored by Family-Outdoors.com...you could
use a tagline of "the site that tries to catch an audience with canned
processed meat products!" I am probably kill-filed on anyone who
would read this and find the attempted humor. I honestly do
appreciate the knowledge gained thru this interchange. I will go
wayyyyyyyy out of my way to make certain I am not the source of future
escalation of anyone's BP.

One educational benefit of all of this for me is learning how the
Usenet vs. Google Groups structure works. One piece of credit I must
place at the feet of the outstandingly rude person who contacted me
the first time was forcing me to become well-versed in what was going
on with that. If there is anyone who sees Usenet in the upper right
corner area of a Google Screen and thinks it doesn't matter, it would
be to your advantage to understand what that is about for potentially
2 reasons:
1. You might wish to utilize Usenet Groups in an alternative
manner...the ROFB site linked to earlier has a set of newsreaders you
can use.
2. If you are considering posting any links to a commercial site it
would be common courtesy to understand the culture of the group you
are posting to. I did not...but I sure do now!

Happy Fishing!
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Yogurt

"Bob La Londe" wrote in
:

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
For those interested in the purpose, guidelines and documented FAQ of
ROFB visit:

http://www.rofb.net

Also, to members. Let me know if you would like me to institute a
user interactive gallery. I have plenty of storage & bandwidth
available on the current hosting site.

I noticed that many of the pages still say Site Sponsored by Secret
Weapon Lures. Does anybody have any objection to me changing that
since I am now paying for the hosting and registration renenwals?
(Not that it costs very much.)

Why don't you change it to "Site Sponsored by Secret ($pam Infused)
Weapon Lures?" You are just a no-good-for-nothing, slime dog $pamer that
has no reservation or respect for Usenet; So promote and start your
parasitic $pamer website on the back of Usenet, you sorry ass
opportunistic shyster. (You should trade notes with Bernard Madoff!!)

Old March 4th, 2009, 02:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
family-outdoors

On Mar 3, 7:14*pm, Yogurt wrote:

[...]

I am certain that domain name is taken, but thanks (2 m's in
spammer...otherwise it's just weird)
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
I R AN IDIOT

"Yogurt" wrote in message
. 13...
"Bob La Londe" wrote in
:

[...]

www.ROFB.net was started by and for the group. It has FAQs added from this
group, and it has been managed by a number of people over the years.
Currently Bob La Londe is the one managing it for the benefit of ROFB. Your
post makes absolutely no sense. Many Usenet groups have websites that show
their FAQ, purpose, and guidelines. www.ROFB.net does that for
news:rec.outdoors.fishing.bass . In the past Secret Weapon Lures hosted the
website, paid the registration for the group and managed it in the person of
Charles Summers. I think there may have been a few others as well. Andrew
Kidd I think also managed the site for a while. Before that it was managed
by Vern Six. But as somebody else mentioned you can not be stopped from
spewing whatever you like.

Old March 4th, 2009, 08:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
I R AN IDIOT

"Yogurt" wrote in message
. 13...
"Bob La Londe" wrote in