bug tank

Old May 29th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Larry L wrote:

... I have
grave doubts about keeping things alive in a travel trailer situation, but
I'll catch some buggies and try.

Collecting aquatic insects is illegal in some places, like
Yellowstone for instance. Be sure to check Montahoming law
so you don't get busted.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old May 29th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Larry L

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote

Collecting aquatic insects is illegal in some places, like
Yellowstone for instance. Be sure to check Montahoming law
so you don't get busted.

Good point, Ken

Old May 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Larry L

"rw" wrote

You're not coming to Idaho?

'aho' is dead center in Montahoming and is the state where I spend the most
time.

Close to your home, I'm currently planning to spend mid-Sept 'till 'too damn
cold' at Silver/ Big Wood again this Fall. I guess I'll wait until well
after the Dalai Lama thing, however. I've never fished the South Fork of
the Snake and am told that it is prime, for the wading angler, in the Fall
.... I may go there instead.

Old May 29th, 2005, 05:07 PM
rw

Larry L wrote:
"rw" wrote

You're not coming to Idaho?

'aho' is dead center in Montahoming and is the state where I spend the most
time.

Close to your home, I'm currently planning to spend mid-Sept 'till 'too damn
cold' at Silver/ Big Wood again this Fall. I guess I'll wait until well
after the Dalai Lama thing, however. I've never fished the South Fork of
the Snake and am told that it is prime, for the wading angler, in the Fall
... I may go there instead.

If you can, try the Big Wood in mid June for the Green Drake hatch.

Old April 6th, 2011, 07:38 PM
georgesmith georgesmith is offline
Junior Member

You do not need anything like it. Just a small tank. For a while, I was fine mesh with a large jam jar. Get stream gravel, a plant. In your tank, and set aside. Write insects and observation. Large magnifying glass is a good idea.