Suggestions for flies for Argentina trip

Old January 16th, 2004, 05:47 AM
Snoop

Default Suggestions for flies for Argentina trip

A friend of mine's daughter is going fly fishing in Argentina (Patagonia) and
wondered about what flies he should send with her. I'm sure there are some on
this group that will have some good suggestions. I think he's mainly thinking
about streamers but any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

snoop

Old January 16th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Frank Reid

A friend of mine's daughter is going fly fishing in Argentina
(Patagonia) and
wondered about what flies he should send with her. I'm sure there are

some on
this group that will have some good suggestions. I think he's mainly

thinking
about streamers but any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

More importantly, does she have a significant other and, if so, do you think
I could take him. If I can't take him, well, I'll have to get in the ring
against her. Over Alaska and Russia, Patagonia is one place I definately
want to go.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old January 16th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Jeff Miller

Frank Reid wrote:

More importantly, does she have a significant other and, if so, do you think
I could take him.

hmmm...

Old January 16th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Larry

Snoop wrote:
A friend of mine's daughter is going fly fishing in Argentina
(Patagonia) and wondered about what flies he should send with her. I'm
sure there are some on this group that will have some good suggestions.
I think he's mainly thinking about streamers but any ideas or
suggestions are appreciated.

I dunno, I understand there are PLENTY of flies in Argentina... I'd
suggest taking a strong repellent for flies, maybe something with a
strong concentration of DEET and wearing a hat with a headnet

Old January 16th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Charlie Wilson

"Jeff Miller" wrote"

Frank Reid wrote:

More importantly, does she have a significant other and, if so, do you

think
I could take him.

hmmm...

Just what I was thinking. Maybe Frank is going to start his own TV
series "Queer Fly for the Straight Guy".

Old January 16th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Snoop

Frank Reid wrote:

More importantly, does she have a significant other and, if so, do you think
I could take him.

Frank,

I think you're a bit old for him.

Snoop

Old January 16th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Stephen Welsh

"Charlie Wilson" wrote in news:40084954
@news.peakpeak.com:

"Jeff Miller" wrote"

Frank Reid wrote:

More importantly, does she have a significant other and, if so, do

you
think
I could take him.

hmmm...

Just what I was thinking. Maybe Frank is going to start his own

TV
series "Queer Fly for the Straight Guy".

*splork*

Le'see

"Let's just leave the wading staff alone for a minute shall we."
"OK, Sparky. Now to attach the fly we use a windsor knot ... "
"When using fly dressing product warm it in your hands first
emulsifying it. Work it in from the back to the front.
"Let's see what you have in your wardrobe for dressing a flyline"
"You _tie flys_ over where? There?
Oh! It's a crack den for small furry creatures!"
"Ferrules!? You have live ferrules in here? "
"Are the studs are on the bottom of the boots for a reason?"
"This tie will look stunning as a wading belt ...
... and that old bamboo thing will have to go, its so 80s.
We'll get you a shiny new black one to match the belt."
"You guys are so into vinyls and rubber ...."

Steve

Old January 16th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Frank Reid

Just what I was thinking. Maybe Frank is going to start his own TV
series "Queer Fly for the Straight Guy".

Now, I'd expect that outta a North Cakalakian lawyer, but you?

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old January 17th, 2004, 12:34 AM
walt winter

Snoop wrote:
A friend of mine's daughter is going fly fishing in Argentina
(Patagonia) and wondered about what flies he should send with her. I'm
sure there are some on this group that will have some good suggestions.
I think he's mainly thinking about streamers but any ideas or
suggestions are appreciated.

snoop

heh heh heh.... "spanish fly?"

wally

Old January 17th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Kevin Vang

In article ,
says...

"You guys are so into vinyls and rubber ...."

Like this?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V2AE31717

Kevin