OT Lies, liars and SF-180

Old June 26th, 2008, 02:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default OT Lies, liars and SF-180

The Times reports today that T. Boone Pickens, the Texas
billionaire who bankrolled the Swiftboaters has welshed
on his offer to pay anyone a million dollars if they could
prove the Swiftboaters were liars. John Kerry signed a
SF-180 which allowed the release of all his military records
and a group of veterans who served with Kerry used those
records and sworn affidavits to document ten lies. But
Pickens refuses to pay. No surprise there, if there's one
thing we know about the Swiftboaters it's that they're liars.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-says-no-deal/

So OK, that's history, fast forward to the present. I have
two related questions.

If John McCain's superior officers did not see him as qualified
to serve as a flag officer (Rear Admiral) why should the voters
see him as qualified to be Commander in Chief ? What did his
fellow officers know about this screwup of a cadet who finished
near the bottom of his class ? (As an aside, how does a screwup
like that get a plum assignment like flying planes off a carrier ?
Son and grandson of Admirals perhaps ?)

There is only one way to know why John McCain was never going to
be an Admiral and that is for John McCain to submit, as John Kerry
did, a SF-180 releasing all his military records in full. Why
won't he do that ?

And question number three, why isn't the media all over this like
stink on **** ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old June 26th, 2008, 03:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:16:36 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

why should the voters
see him as qualified to be Commander in Chief ?

For the same reason they voted for a draft dodger?

For the same reason they voted for someone who only served 1/2 a tour
in Nam as a Spec 4 and then flunked out of divinity school.

For the same reason they voted for an O3 with an "unusual" discharge?

Lots of navy captains do not make admiral. The important thing to
remember is that he made O6 (Captain) and that requires a helluva lot
of leadership qualities. Obama has done what? Actually served as a
senator for 143 days? I'll take the leadership of navy captain any
day to an inexperienced charasmatic senator.

And, if you think flying off a carrier on wartime sorties is a "plum
job", then you know diddly **** about flying or carriers. He was
there flying in harm's way. Your guy was at Oxford demonstrating
against the US while McCain was escaping from his exploding A4 Skyhawk
after the fire on Forrestal. McCain was almost killed in that fire.
The Forrestal was removed from the theater and returned home. The
entire air wing went with it, except for a few pilots that volunteered
to change to a different carrier air group. McCain volunteered for
than trasfer.

McCain has an honored family background of Naval heros. Your guy has
a black muslim father and a white mother whom he is ashamed of because
she's white. He was raised by his white grandparents, but praises not
them but his father.

Plum job, my ass. All of your boys are the ones with the plum jobs,
Ken.

Talk about trying to swiftboat Obama..............

Old June 26th, 2008, 03:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
why should the voters
see him as qualified to be Commander in Chief ?

For the same reason they voted for a draft dodger?

Uh, OK. That works for me but I'm surprised to hear that
you voted for a draft dodger.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old June 26th, 2008, 03:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
salmobytes[_5_]

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Uh, OK. That works for me but I'm surprised to hear that
you voted for a draft dodger.

Bush was of course a cocaine sniffing draft dodger.
The National Guard fights in wars these days.
But they didn't back then. You couldn't get into
the guard then, if you didn't know somebody--because
it was the best and most "honorable" way to dodge combat (in the early
Vietnam days anyway, when Bush League went in).

Then he went awol and then his records disappeared.
Dozens of people have reported his cocaine abuse.
Most recently, McClellan documented Bush's awkward refusal
to deny sniffing cocaine. Repugnicans are in denial on this.
They want to have a **** fit because Bill Clinton
didn' inhale. But they have blinders on when it comes
to their own draft dodging cocaine sniffing moron president.

Idiots of a feather flock together.....

--
/* Colin (Sandy) Pittendrigh --O0
** Have code will travel
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

salmobytes typed:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Uh, OK. That works for me but I'm surprised to hear that
you voted for a draft dodger.

Bush was of course a cocaine sniffing draft dodger.
The National Guard fights in wars these days.
But they didn't back then. You couldn't get into
the guard then, if you didn't know somebody--because
it was the best and most "honorable" way to dodge combat (in the early
Vietnam days anyway, when Bush League went in).

Then he went awol and then his records disappeared.
Dozens of people have reported his cocaine abuse.
Most recently, McClellan documented Bush's awkward refusal
to deny sniffing cocaine. Repugnicans are in denial on this.
They want to have a **** fit because Bill Clinton
didn' inhale. But they have blinders on when it comes
to their own draft dodging cocaine sniffing moron president.

Idiots of a feather flock together.....

Is this the same Sandy that doesn't want to get involved in these political
discussions? Just asking.
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 26-Jun-2008, salmobytes wrote:

Idiots of a feather flock together...

Is that true?
Fat pirates , Wolfgang and rdean - all have feathers??
Wow!

Fred
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

Um, "the media" ought to "get involved" because one blog has alleged
that someone is not living up to what another blog (alleged by the first
blog to be merely "sympathetic" to the someone in question) claimed he
said he'd do? Ah, well, maybe "the media" are just too busy not being
all over Obama's well-documented personally-delivered promises covered
by "the media" that he'd stick to public funding and then, didn't live
up to those promises...like stink on ****...

....or maybe "the media" is just swamped...digging through the McCain
recipe files...

And, ahem, while it's otherwise known as "the voice of the right-wing,"
but you might wish to glance at this:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/040...g,51276,1.html

and this:

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/052...g,64705,6.html

HTH,

Old June 26th, 2008, 04:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:01:32 -0400, "Tim J."
wrote:

salmobytes typed:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
[...]

Hey, it could be - I see no evidence of "discussion," political or
otherwise, in Sandy's reply...why, heck, he could have even PROMISED not
to get involved in political discussions and only a blog...or a guy on
USENET...would be able to call him a liar...

HTH,
Old June 26th, 2008, 04:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

why should the voters
see him as qualified to be Commander in Chief ?

For the same reason they voted for a draft dodger?

For the same reason they voted for someone who only served 1/2 a tour
in Nam as a Spec 4 and then flunked out of divinity school.

For the same reason they voted for an O3 with an "unusual" discharge?

And that has to do with McCain how, exactly?

Lots of navy captains do not make admiral. The important thing to
remember is that he made O6 (Captain) and that requires a helluva lot
of leadership qualities.

Generally speaking, yes, but let's not get into fantasyland here - there
have been officers of all ranks that, er, "wasn't fit to shovel ****
from one place to a'ner..."

Obama has done what?

As to executive governance, nothing, as the record clearly
demonstrates...

....but OTOH, very few newly-elected US Presidents have had prior
experience as US Presidents...only one, IIRC, has had prior
experience...and that won't change this year, either...

Actually served as a
senator for 143 days? I'll take the leadership of navy captain any
day to an inexperienced charasmatic senator.

Um...howsabout Duke Cunningham...?

[...]

Well, we could, or we could just, um, call a spade a spade: both
candidates, their respective parties, and their most ardent supporters
are practicing politics as usual...the first rule of which is to claim
you're gonna do what the people want - if they are happy, you promise to
insure the status quo and if they are unhappy, you claim you're the only
person in the country who can bring about change...

HTH,

Old June 26th, 2008, 05:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:23:48 GMT, "Fred"
wrote:

On 26-Jun-2008, salmobytes wrote:

Idiots of a feather flock together...

Is that true?
Fat pirates , Wolfgang and rdean - all have feathers??

Well, sure...I mean, what's so unusual about on-topic FLY fishermen
having feathers...geez, Fred, whatsamattayou - you a worm and Nibblets
kinda gal...?

Wow!

Wow, indeed...

Fred