Instant Fisherman

Old March 21st, 2007, 03:31 PM posted to alt.fishing
Zareth

Default Instant Fisherman

I have recently been hearing more about the Instant Fisherman pole. Also
have recently seen an infomercial on this product. Now I KNOW that there are
fishing poles out there of higher quality. What I want to know is this. Is
there anyone out there who has bought and/or used the Instant Fisherman. Is
it a decent piece of equipment? I have been thinking about purchasing one
for a few reasons. First of all, we live in a small apartment. It would
definitely be easier to store something like that than a full size pole,
which I do have a couple in storage elsewhere. ALSO, if we travel, it would
be nice to have something that I can fit with the luggage. It would be fun
to have a pole that I can use to fish in new locations when visiting.
NOW, I have been researching the web and I see some people are VERY happy
with it while others have had bad experiences.

Anyone out there able to shed some light on this??

Old March 21st, 2007, 06:17 PM posted to alt.fishing
Rodney Long

Zareth wrote:
[...]

It "might" beat a stick with a string tied to it for fishing.
You would be much better served with a back pack fishing kit, one that
has a mutable sectional rod, some of these fit in a case shorter, than
this gimmick, and they are worth actually fishing with. Many companies
offer them.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Old March 22nd, 2007, 01:25 AM posted to alt.fishing
Sees-koo-wee-hah-nay

On Mar 21, 9:31 am, "Zareth" wrote:
[...]

In addition to what Rodney posted, read this:

http://www.infomercialscams.com/scam...man_complaints

Old March 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM posted to alt.fishing
johnval1

Any small apartment's decor would be instantly improved by the addition of a
Berkley 3-rod storage holder with a GLoomis, a St. Croix and perhaps a
Lamiglas, all with appropriate reels. Just imagine the conversation starter
this would be.

Stay away from the Instant Fisherman. My sister-in-law bought one for me to
carry around in the car in the event of sudden onslaught of pond fever. It
did not work from day 1. Nothing about it was worth the money she spent.

If you want a small rig, look at something like the Daiwa that comes in a
little carrying case with a tiny spinning reel. My wife got me one of these
last year and it worked out ok on a trip to FL. It had no trouble landing a
19" catfish I caught on a bream jig. The case easily packs in carry-on.
As Rodney said, many companies make something like this and they don't cost
much at all.

Old March 24th, 2007, 01:56 PM posted to alt.fishing
Zareth

I would like to thank everyone for their feedback. Will continue searching
for an inexpensive backup travel kit.

Old April 9th, 2007, 08:42 AM posted to alt.fishing
Skoehoeteen

On Mar 21, 7:31 am, "Zareth" wrote:
[...]

I too seen the informercial, I then googled it and found this site -
hope it helps: http://www.infomercialscams.com/scam...man_complaints

Old April 18th, 2007, 02:52 AM posted to alt.fishing
Nick

Well said!

A good small rod and reel that breaks down doesn't take much space and it
will actually feel a lot better in your hand! You'll get a lot more quality
and enjoyment for your $40.00! I fell for the "pocket Fisherman" a number of
years ago!

Fishinprof

t...