Reels

Old April 15th, 2004, 05:11 AM
f.blair

Default Reels

What is the best reel in the $50 range?

Fred

Old April 15th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Bob La Londe

Daiwa has a couple that are ok in the $69 range.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com

Old April 15th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Marty

f.blair wrote in message
What is the best reel in the $50 range?

Spinning? Baitcasting?

Old April 15th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Bucket Mouth

What kind of reel are you looking for?

Baitcaster? Spinning?

Old April 15th, 2004, 12:58 PM
SHRED©

f.blair wrote:
What is the best reel in the $50 range?

Fred

Why go cheap?
I treat fishing as a great hobby which I do a lot and have great fun.

If you do too then why not spend $120 and get say a Cabela's
Prodigy(spinning) or a Shimano Curado (baitcasting)?

These reels last a long time and are well worth it.
I would not skimp on fishing equipment....but that's just me.

my 2 cents

Old April 15th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Bubba Test

I have, among many others, a Shimano Sedona 4000. I picked it up new at a
local marine store for $50. It comes with an extra AL spool. However, I
can't much tell a difference between it and the $25 Shimano TX 4000. My 8
yo son has the $40 Shimano Callisto if you want to go baitcast. It wouldn't
be my baitcast choice though.

Old April 15th, 2004, 03:15 PM
J Buck

I refuse to contribute to this thread, having been involved with the
subject before LoL

Old April 15th, 2004, 03:26 PM
pat gustafson

f.blair wrote:

What is the best reel in the $50 range?

Fred

Abu Garcia 5500. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking....

Old April 15th, 2004, 10:28 PM
alwayfishking

I just bought a shakespeare medalist spinning reel. I just wanted to replace
one of the other spinning reels I had for a few years. Bought it for about
35.00, 7 bearing very smooth nice offset handle design, seems like a solid
reel but time will tell. And while I have good reels and junky reels, I
could care less which one I have in my hands as long as I'm fishing, my
favorite setup to this day is my South Bend Phase two, two piece rod with a
reel that has taken a beating and a half and never let me down, 29.00 combo
4 years ago, might be 35.00 now if you can find one : )

Old April 15th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Shawn

A used reel on eBay listing new for $100+ is the best reel in the $50 range.

-- Shawn