I called Dave Lacourse last night

Old December 4th, 2003, 01:54 PM
a-happy-up-yours

Default I called Dave Lacourse last night

to see why we'd not heard anything from him in the past couple of weeks.
Jo answered and after saying that Dave was very sick, put him on the
phone. He sounded bad, but managed to convey that he'd gotten his
annual flu shot two weeks ago, and the following day, he "crashed". Has
been in bed, since. I asked him if he was going to be OK and I got a
haltingly expressed "I guess so" as his answer.

So, I think that if there are any spare thoughts and prayers available
for a good man, Dave could certainly make use of them.

Tom

Old December 4th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Sandy

a-happy-up-yours wrote:
to see why we'd not heard anything from him in the past couple of
weeks. Jo answered and after saying that Dave was very sick, put
him on the phone. He sounded bad, but managed to convey that he'd
gotten his annual flu shot two weeks ago, and the following day, he
"crashed". Has been in bed, since. I asked him if he was going to
be OK and I got a haltingly expressed "I guess so" as his answer.

So, I think that if there are any spare thoughts and prayers available
for a good man, Dave could certainly make use of them.

Tom

There seems to be something wrong with the new flu jabs this year, even here
in the UK. One of my work mates ended up in bed for two weeks after getting
his and I have heard of others with the same experience, it seems to cause
pneumonia type symptoms, hard to breathe and chestiness, and it also causes
joint pains. I'm just glad my wife didn't get hers this year, she is
asthmatic, the last thing she needs is breathing difficulties.

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:-

Old December 4th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Tom Littleton

Tom
Thanks for the heads-up. Best wishes to the ol' Pirate!!!
Tom L
Old December 4th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Peter Charles

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:54:33 GMT, a-happy-up-yours
wrote:

to see why we'd not heard anything from him in the past couple of weeks.
Jo answered and after saying that Dave was very sick, put him on the
phone. He sounded bad, but managed to convey that he'd gotten his
annual flu shot two weeks ago, and the following day, he "crashed". Has
been in bed, since. I asked him if he was going to be OK and I got a
haltingly expressed "I guess so" as his answer.

So, I think that if there are any spare thoughts and prayers available
for a good man, Dave could certainly make use of them.

Tom

Swapped emails with him last week, just after the flu shot, and he
wasn't doing great then.

We'll stay in touch.

Peter

turn mailhot into hotmail to reply

Visit The Streamer Page at http://www.mountaincable.net/~pcharl...ers/index.html
Old December 5th, 2003, 04:07 AM
Mike

Was wonderiwhat had become of him just figured he was on another excursion and
incomudacado and pulling in huge salmon or trout or some other fish in an
exotic local........will say a few words for him for a speedy recovery get
well ya ole rascal.......

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

Old December 5th, 2003, 12:27 PM
~^ beancounter ~^

there are some "wild" flu strains goin around
this part of the country...i have heard lots of folks
getting hit w/the flu just after the shot introduces
the "goodies" to the body.....

Old December 7th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Tim J.

"a-happy-up-yours" wrote in
message ink.net...
to see why we'd not heard anything from him in the past couple of weeks.
Jo answered and after saying that Dave was very sick, put him on the
phone. He sounded bad, but managed to convey that he'd gotten his
annual flu shot two weeks ago, and the following day, he "crashed". Has
been in bed, since. I asked him if he was going to be OK and I got a
haltingly expressed "I guess so" as his answer.

So, I think that if there are any spare thoughts and prayers available
for a good man, Dave could certainly make use of them.

All this time I thought he was just so ****ed at Forty he couldn't type. G

Best regards Dave - get well soon.
--
TL,