Back to Alaska

Old November 5th, 2008, 03:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Default Back to Alaska

One of the things which surprises me about this election
is the splintering of the GOP.

Palin is the darling of the snake handling wing of the GOP
because she preaches the same old politics of divisiveness,
distrust of intellectuals and the glorification of ignorance
that is the core of the GOP "southern strategy". Small-town
Americans are the "real Americans", the dim, the dumb and the
racist are *US* and those snobby elites who look down their
noses at *US* are "them", the America hating godless commies
who want to take away our guns and tax us to death. It is
essentially a message of hate, an "us versus them" message
which resonates with the stupid.

The intellectual wing of the GOP is fed up, mainly because
this strategy failed so spectacularly. When Rove was winning
with this strategy the country club Republicans held their
noses, smiled at Rush Limbaugh and tolerated it. But now that
it has failed the GOP is fractured. Palin may very well run
in 2012 and do well with Grand Ole Opry Republicans but she
won't have the money or the clout to win the nomination. Her
presidential aspirations will fade away like all the other
losing VP candidates in recent history, Dan Quayle, Lieberman,
Edwards, Ferraro.

Back to Alaska bitch, and good riddance to you.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Nov 5, 4:25*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
[...]

Yeah well, you sure are an expert on hate messages.
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
george9219

On Nov 5, 10:25*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
[...]

I watched both McCain's and Obama's speeches last night. I thought
both were very well done, and if McCain had handled his campaign the
way he handled defeat, this would have been a much closer race. He
made an excellent speech. One troubling thing, however.....whenever
McCain mentioned Obama, I heard a chorus of boos, but when Obama
mentioned McCain, I heard subdued applause. As someone who has voted
Republican in all but 2 elections, ( yesterday was one, Nixon's second
term the other), this was very troubling. This hatred and divisiveness
simply has to stop. This is not the Republican party I have supported
in the past. The hate mongers of the far right have assumed control,
and the ultimate expression of that control is Sarah Palin. Who in his
right mind, would have chosen her as VP? There needs to be some
serious soul searching by the Republicans.
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

wrote:
[...]

These were all the points I made earlier - to which "Peaceful Bill" provided
the intellectually weak "you're a hater" response, rather than debate even a
single point...

/daytripper (yup - he represents all that is wrong with the Rs)
Old November 6th, 2008, 05:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 21:29:33 -0600, Kevin Vang wrote:

In article ,
says...
Back to Alaska bitch, and good riddance to you.

I got a prediction:

Sarah Palin's job qualifications: she looks good on camera,
she reads a teleprompter well, she can repeat the right wing
talking points and sound like she believes them. Ladies and
gentlemen, I give you the next Fox News talking head!

She'd have to get herself a bleach job first.
Old November 6th, 2008, 05:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

daytripper wrote:
On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 21:29:33 -0600, Kevin Vang wrote:

In article ,
says...

Back to Alaska bitch, and good riddance to you.

I got a prediction:

Sarah Palin's job qualifications: she looks good on camera,
she reads a teleprompter well, she can repeat the right wing
talking points and sound like she believes them. Ladies and
gentlemen, I give you the next Fox News talking head!

She'd have to get herself a bleach job first.

It's been revealed by Newsweek that Palin spent "tens of thousands" of
more RNC dollars on clothes than the mere $150,000 that was first
reported, and that $20,000 to $40,000 went for clothes for her husband.

An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies
looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will
eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.

Here's another report that warms the cockles of my heart:

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ay-be-tougher/

It seems that the throngs of Republicans about to leave Washington are
being forced to sell their houses are fire-sale prices.

Old November 6th, 2008, 07:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...tough-selling-...

It seems that the throngs of Republicans about to leave Washington are
being forced to sell their houses are fire-sale prices.

--
Cut "to the chase" for my email address.- Hide quoted text -

The comments on the bottom of that link make for some very roff-like
reading. My favorite is from somone named 'blueterrace':

"The only thing more fitting for these vile people is if they were
renditioned for some waterboarding."

LOL

And then there is this one from "Ivan", loaded with so much irony that
it hurts:

"The housing collapse was caused by the subprime meltdown, which was
caused by irresponsible loans, which were forced on lenders by high-
minded and naive Democrats. To deny otherwise is the height of
mindless partisanship."

Indeed.

--riverman

Old November 18th, 2008, 03:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...ref=newssearch

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/...ref=newssearch