Bullet Weights Questions

Old April 30th, 2009, 04:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Robert11[_2_]

Default Bullet Weights Questions

Hi,

Bought some steel Bullet Weights (from the Bullet Weight Co.) the other day.

Figured I would use them for my Carolina Rigs, which I like.
Also, possibly for some Texas rigs.

Haven't been into fishing for a few years, and I guess these things have
changed.

kind I always purchased had a simple hole thru the center.

These have a wire clip pre-assembled into them.

There is a small loop that protrudes on the somewhat pointy (convex) end.

But, in the internal cavity at other larger end there is another loop.

It's extremely small, and into the cavity too far to be able to thread
anything thru it, or attach anything to it.
Perhaps it's only purpose is to prevent this wire assembly from pulling out
?
So, let me ask, please:

How are these things supposed to be used ?
How are they supposed to be rigged ?

Can I use them for Carolina rigs ? How ?
Or did I just buy the wrong type ?
Are the old fashioned designs with just a hole still made ?

Any thoughts would be ap[pr
Thanks,
Bob

Old April 30th, 2009, 10:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
alaskaguy

On Apr 30, 10:58*am, "Robert11" wrote:
[...]

I don't know if you bought the wrong type or not, but you can get the
steel bullet sinkers that are just like the old-style to which you
referred. I guess you probably will want to use them up since you
have them and I am sure someone will know...

I am guessing the wire clip is somehow supposed to keep the sinker
from running up your line kinda' like some people peg the "old" kind.
I'll ask around and see if anyone knows.
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
alaskaguy

[...]

Do they look like these?
http://www.bulletweights.com/images/...tweight_lg.jpg
Found the images on company website.

Only clips I could see they mentioned was on their drop-shot weights.
These are linked he
http://www.bulletweights.com/images/...ropShot_lg.jpg

About the clipped dropshots they say:
"These dropshot weights, from the Bullet Weight Company, feature a
high quality clip designed to hold the line without tying a knot and
slipping off the rig when they get hung up without breaking off the
hook. Then, all you have to do is clip on another weight and you're
back to fishing without re-tying the whole rig."
Old May 1st, 2009, 04:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

Robert11 wrote:
[...]

Sounds like you bought Bass Casting Sinkers, not slip sinkers.

http://www.bulletweights.com/images/...assCast_lg.jpg
Old May 1st, 2009, 12:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Robert11[_2_]

Default From OP: Bullet Weights Questions

Hi All,

Yup, i guess I bought the Bass Casting Sinkers as RichZ pointed out.

Will look again for the kind I want, with just a hole thru them, but
surprisingly the "big" sporting stores around here didn't seem to carry
them; only the kind I mentioned.

Will cut and remove the wire loop, and drill out the centers, or just order
from BassPro, I guess.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Bob

Old May 1st, 2009, 05:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"alaskaguy" wrote in message
[...]

There are a couple companies making a dropshot weight using a worm sinker
body instead of a round body. Maybe he got some of those.

These ones that James sells are Tungsten.
http://www.thefishicon.com/store-pro..._41911431.html

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com