how can i catch carp?

Old August 8th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Steve Walker

In message , Derek.Moody
writes
In article , fishin' kid
r.com wrote:

thanks

that web-site was good and i learnt a lot,
but what other cheap alternative baits could i use because i don't have
much confidence in cat food.

Bread and worms still work fine. You don't need -any- fancy rigs, just tie
a hook to the main line and either drop a worm in front of a feeding fish
and watch ... or float a crust over its head.

Now then, Derek, everybody knows that carp can read brand names, and
won't take your bait unless you have the latest rod-pod, bite alarms,
branded boilies, bivvy slippers, etc, and obscure bits of plastic and
metal making up a rig like a printed circuit board diagram :0)

--
Steve Walker
Old August 8th, 2005, 10:56 AM
fishin' kid fishin' kid is offline
Junior Member

Smile

I'm not sure where i'm going yet i think it's a surprise,
I should be going some time this week though so i hope the weather is good
if i do catch anything i'll take a photo and try to put it on here
__________________
keep catchin'
Old August 8th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , Steve Walker
wrote:

Now then, Derek, everybody knows that carp can read brand names, and
won't take your bait unless you have the latest rod-pod, bite alarms,
branded boilies, bivvy slippers, etc, and obscure bits of plastic and
metal making up a rig like a printed circuit board diagram :0)

Of course they can. They're snobs too, which means they're suckers for
exclusivity. You just need a brand name they haven't seen before, something
so rare that no carp angler in the last twenty years has taken it to the
waterside...

Say, er, Mother's Pride?

Cheerio,

Old August 8th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , fishin' kid
.com wrote:

I'm not sure where i'm going yet i think it's a surprise,
I should be going some time this week though so i hope the weather is
good
if i do catch anything i'll take a photo and try to put it on here

Please don't. This is text only group. There is a fishing binaries group
iIrc but you're better putting the picture on your webspace and posting us a
link.

Better arrange a few spare Mb though in case you catch a shedful ;-)

Have fun. Cheerio,

Old August 9th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Steve Walker

In message , Derek.Moody
writes
In article , Steve Walker
wrote:

Now then, Derek, everybody knows that carp can read brand names, and
won't take your bait unless you have the latest rod-pod, bite alarms,
branded boilies, bivvy slippers, etc, and obscure bits of plastic and
metal making up a rig like a printed circuit board diagram :0)

Of course they can. They're snobs too, which means they're suckers for
exclusivity. You just need a brand name they haven't seen before, something
so rare that no carp angler in the last twenty years has taken it to the
waterside...

Say, er, Mother's Pride?

Sounds good. Was Yates's 51 pounder caught on Green Giant sweetcorn, I
wonder, and was he using Harbutt's plasticine for weight?

--
Steve Walker
Old August 9th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Richard

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
In message , Derek.Moody
writes
In article , Steve Walker
wrote:

snip
Was Yates's 51 pounder caught on Green Giant sweetcorn, I wonder

snip

Definitely sweetcorn ......... Richard

Old August 9th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Steve Walker

In message , Richard
writes

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

Was Yates's 51 pounder caught on Green Giant sweetcorn, I wonder

Definitely sweetcorn ......... Richard

Oh, it was, the key question is whether it was a fashionable brand of
sweetcorn )

--
Steve Walker
Old August 9th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Richard

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
In message , Richard
writes

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

Was Yates's 51 pounder caught on Green Giant sweetcorn, I wonder

Definitely sweetcorn ......... Richard

Oh, it was, the key question is whether it was a fashionable brand of
sweetcorn )

Yes it was ....... but then all sweetcorn was (and still is) fashionable
....... isn't it?

Richard

Old August 9th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , Richard
wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

Oh, it was, the key question is whether it was a fashionable brand of
sweetcorn )

Yes it was ....... but then all sweetcorn was (and still is) fashionable
...... isn't it?

Only if it has a stylised logo of a carp on the side of the sweetcorn system
all-weather, ruggedised valise.

Cheerio,

Old August 9th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Richard

"Derek.Moody" wrote in message
In article , Richard
wrote:

"Steve Walker" wrote in message

Oh, it was, the key question is whether it was a fashionable brand of
sweetcorn )

Yes it was ....... but then all sweetcorn was (and still is) fashionable
...... isn't it?

Only if it has a stylised logo of a carp on the side of the sweetcorn
system
all-weather, ruggedised valise.

Imo ....... you must have some strange old carp anglers in your neck of the
woods .... none like that in my part of the country.

Richard