I caught a bass today.

Old March 5th, 2004, 12:52 AM
alwayfishking

Default I caught a bass today.

Didn't have a rod, didn't have a reel, but wanted to fish in the worst way.
My job took me across the border today into New Jersey. I happened to
mention to Thundercat that I was in the area and needed to fish. Told him of
my rodless.reeless situation and he was happy enough to meet me after work
for a quick trip to the local toxic playground to take a shot at first bass
of the year.

We he hooked me up(no pun intended) with a nice Shimano baitcaster( right
hand retrieve, but beggers can't be choosy) and rod and even gave me a few
hooks, bullet weights and a few rattles. My game plan was to pitch some 3''
black and blue craws that have been sitting in my trunk all winter near some
stumps, insert one rattle, insert one bullet weight(craws are hollow) and my
weedless, snagless wonder was being cast.

2nd cast and my line jumps, I set the hook and reel up my first bass of the
year and only bass of the night, a scrappy 10 incher,( heart and fight of a
lion) considering the air temp was about 40 degrees, I might have bumped
this one on the head.

Ok so it didn't really fight with the 30 lb braid on but it was nice to feel
the fish on the other end no matter how small, even nicer that it was line
movement that made me set the hook and not an actual felt bite. No more fish
after that, but that was enough to make me smile today. considering the
lakes by my house won't defrost until April. Look out Okee here I come!!!!!

Harry will post my monster later....yes I made him take a picture : )

Great to fish with him again at the spot where Harry was actually hooked!!!!
Randy-

Old March 5th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Bob Rickard

Ain't life great when you fish?
--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old March 5th, 2004, 10:27 PM
SimRacer

"Bob Rickard" wrote in message
m...
Ain't life great when you fish?
--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)
www.secretweaponlures.com

Yessir, it is Bob. And even a little better than great when you catch.

Like I tell the wife, I simply love to fish. Catching fish is just a bonus
that happens sometimes while you're fishing.