Striped Bass

Old January 15th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Mike

Default Striped Bass

Are there any Striped Bass fishermen here? Is there a news group that
Striper fishing is a topic?

Thanks!

Mike
Old January 15th, 2004, 03:25 AM
ñKs

This is a bass group, but don't be surprised if no one replies to you. I
post all the time and usually get ignored.

nk.net...

Old January 15th, 2004, 03:27 AM
J Buck

No, unfortunately. There is very little discussion here on
stripers...it's 98% smallmouth and largemouth. Try checking out
www.stripersurf.com It's not a newsgroup like this, but still a great
site with lotsa tips and lotsa links.

Old January 15th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Illinois Fisherman

I almost thought I saw a group about Stripers, turned out to be strippers
instead.

Try a search on goggle.com and see what you get if they don't have one you
might want to start your own group.

nk.net...

Old January 15th, 2004, 04:06 AM
Crownliner

that is my main prey. i bass fish in the winter/early spring then move to
the whites/hybrids and striper in the summer. nothing like a 15 pounder
taking off with a 10'" shad to start the old heart pumping.

i love the anticipation of bass fishing, because the hunt is so much of the
battle. but the fight of a hybrid/striper is so much better.

crownliner

nk.net...

Old January 15th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Bob La Londe

"Crownliner" wrote in message
that is my main prey. i bass fish in the winter/early spring then move to
the whites/hybrids and striper in the summer. nothing like a 15 pounder
taking off with a 10'" shad to start the old heart pumping.

i love the anticipation of bass fishing, because the hunt is so much of

the
battle. but the fight of a hybrid/striper is so much better.

crownliner

"Mike" wrote in message
nk.net...
Are there any Striped Bass fishermen here? Is there a news group that
Striper fishing is a topic?

Thanks!

Mike

Interesting. I caught a lot of 8-12 lb stripers in Lake Powell several
years ago, and while they were fun to catch I never really thought they were
all that great of a fighter. Maybe it was because we were cranking them up
from depth of 30-80 feet. Either way, I figured a 5lb LM had more fight in
him than a 10 lb striper.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old January 16th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Crownliner

wow, bob that is a lot different than my eperiences. maybe it is a
geographical thing, maybe it is the depth range, although we routinely fish
below 30 feet and often deeper in arkansas for the stripers. the hybrids we
find up in missouri are usually in 18-25 feet or so. anyway if you ever get
to s.w.mo in the mid may/early june time drop me a note. i'll put you on
some hybrid fishing that will open your eyes like no-doz tablets. :-)

peace
crownliner

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
s.com...
"Crownliner" wrote in message
that is my main prey. i bass fish in the winter/early spring then move

the whites/hybrids and striper in the summer. nothing like a 15 pounder
taking off with a 10'" shad to start the old heart pumping.

i love the anticipation of bass fishing, because the hunt is so much of

the
battle. but the fight of a hybrid/striper is so much better.

crownliner

nk.net...

Old January 16th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Mike

I fish for Stripers in the mouth of creeks running into the Tombigbee and
Alabama river. I the summer when the water warms up you will find the
Stripers gathered up there for two reasons. They like the cooler water and
the bait fish are there also. I find the drop-offs right in the creek
channels (in the river). Sometimes this may only be a few feet deep. The
Stripers will run the bait fish up into the shollow waters. I use live shad
or shiners..the bigger the better. I fish on the bottom using the slip
sinker rig. I have also caught them with fast moving crappie jigs while
trying to catch skip jack. The fight these Strpers put up is nothing like a
bass..they hit hard, fast and the run is on!

Mike