a product I will never use again

Old August 6th, 2006, 11:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Zimmy

Default a product I will never use again

A couple of years back, I read alot of good things about Power-pro
fishing line (especially on this newsgroup). When I tried Power-pro, I
found that it lived up to the hype. I loved it from the beginning, and
now its on all my rods. I have also been reading some good things
about P-line flourocarbon line. I like to use flourocarbon leaders on
the end of my power-pro line, when I needed a new spool of flourocarbon
this past spring for this year's fishing season, I decided to try
P-Line. I have been extremely dissappointed.
In fact, I believe P-line is the worst line I can ever remember
useing. To be fair, it does have good abrasion resistance, and it is
as stronger or stronger than its rated Lb-test. However, it has the
worst memory of any line I have ever used. Cast an uweighted Senko and
the leader will curl itself into a spiral, just the way t came off the
spool, no matter how much I try to stretch it out or straighten it.
Knot strength is sub par, but that could be because the only knot I can
tie with the stuff is a uni-knot. I can tie cinch knots, improved
cinch knots, trilene knots, palomar knots, and surgeon's end loops with
mono, super lines, even Berkley Vanish, but not with P-line. No matter
how I try, no knot will cinch up properly, except (usually) a uni-knot.
Considering the price I paid for the small ammount I got, it was a
big waste of money. This fishing season is winding down for me. But
next year, I'm tryig something different.

Zimmy

Old August 7th, 2006, 09:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

Zimmy,
I was a Power Pro fan myself until someone recommended to me Berkly's
Superbraid. Now I won't use anything else for braided. Give it a run. Vanish
seems to work well with it for leader material.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old August 8th, 2006, 12:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
gwilber

Joshuall wrote:
Zimmy,
I was a Power Pro fan myself until someone recommended to me Berkly's
Superbraid. Now I won't use anything else for braided. Give it a run. Vanish
seems to work well with it for leader material.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Good to see you here again Mike. I hadn't seen a post from you in a
long time. So how have you been?

Gary

Old August 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
SimRacer

"Zimmy" wrote in message
ups.com...
A couple of years back, I read alot of good things about Power-pro
fishing line (especially on this newsgroup). When I tried Power-pro, I
found that it lived up to the hype. I loved it from the beginning, and
now its on all my rods. I have also been reading some good things
about P-line flourocarbon line. I like to use flourocarbon leaders on
the end of my power-pro line, when I needed a new spool of flourocarbon
this past spring for this year's fishing season, I decided to try
P-Line. I have been extremely dissappointed.

I'd recommend Seaguar. I've tried several fluorocarbon lines for leaders
over the past few years since switching to braided lines on some of my gear,
and can say that I too have been disappointed with P-Line's stuff that I've
tried. I also was very neutral-to-not ecstatic with the Vanish that I've
tried as well.

I switched to Seaguar for this season, and it seems to be working better for
me, my style/technique, or whatever it is about line that makes us like it
or dislike it.

Old August 9th, 2006, 05:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles B. Summers

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
.. .
I have had pretty good luck with the P-Line Flouroclear, but it does tend
to delaminate after a couple hard days of fishing.

Bob, just out of curiosity... what is a hard day of fishing? I've seen lots
of tough days, but I've never came home to have my wife ask, "Did you have a
hard day today?" Then again... she usually said, "You stink, go take a
shower."

Old August 14th, 2006, 02:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rich P

I like the P-Line Floroclear myself and I use it as a primary line on
spinning tackle at 10# test. The big difference is the laminate as opposed
to the pure florocarbon. I find it to be a reasonable comprimise of clarity
and flexibility.

Rich P