Arizona Fishing

Old September 4th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Cox Newgroups

Default Arizona Fishing

Any recommendations for lures/bait this labor day. I'm not an expert on
bass yet and just don't know what they are hitting on here in AZ. Waters a
tad murky at the lakes, and the temp is about 90-100. I went out today and
used just about everything I had. Spinnerbaits, Top Waters, Spoons. I even
used Salmon Eggs (Caught a small bluegill and bass on them.)

I read that bass are moving to the more shallow waters. Is this true?

I'm just trying to get some knowledge before I go back out. Hope you can
give me some advice.

Chris

Old September 5th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Bob La Londe

What area / lakes?

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

Old September 5th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Cox Newgroups

Im primarily focusing on Canyon lake... Is it any good? are there better
ones? Nice website!

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
What area / lakes?

Old September 5th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Bob La Londe

Canyon, I am not super familiar with. Check the forums at www.azod.com

Try some Westy Worms prerigged and weighted in black and yellow horizontal
bands. Seems I recall that lake made Westy Worms what they are today.
(Heck I recall all kinds of things though. Some of them even actually
happened. LOL)

I fish the western side of the state. Mostly the Colorado River system
above Imperial Reservoir. Also sometimes on the Az /Mexico border above
Morelos Dam.

Thank you about the site. Register and post your progress when you get
Canyon figured out. I personally like the look of Roosevelt in that area,
but Canyon has definitely produced some big bass.

Old September 5th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Bob La Londe

Old September 5th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Cox Newgroups

Wow, thanks for your help... I'll give the Westy Worms a try. Good to see
another Arizonian on here =D

Chris