CBBT 40 lb HOG!!! (pictures)

Old December 14th, 2004, 04:41 AM

Default CBBT 40 lb HOG!!! (pictures)

More reports available at Tidal Fish
http://www.tidalfish.com

TopCat writes:
How do I begin? This post is a continuation of Mike's post from last
night titled CBBT versatility. To make a long story short, I was able
to hitch a ride w/fellow TFer Tom Palm on his new 232 GW Gulfstream
(now known as Palm Pilot) for my first trip to the twin spans. We were
to meet up w/Mike Rose & his friend Joe at the Peacock Inn which we
did.
Our plan was to try eeling at the high rise first then go look for
birds. It rained like a bear on Friday as me & Tom were driving down
CBBT. Luckily it stopped & we had a weekend to remember! Everything
seemed to fall into place.
Anyway, all Tom could talk about on the way down was how he was going
to get a big one off the pilings since he lost one a few weeks ago. In
fact, he did hook up twice on Friday but they got off. I digress, the
pics below speak for themselves but of course the story goes on & on .
.. .
This fish is a 45" 40 pound HOG!!! My personal best by 3 1/2 ".
After getting this thing in the boat I was no good. It took me about 15
minutes to reel her in & Mike was the net man. As a matter of fact, he
set me up to catch this fish! I was using his eeling rod & he even put
the eel on for me. I'll never forget that Mike!
I kidded Tom that he drove me from Baltimore down to CBBT & right to
the exact piling where I caught her. 234 miles.

This is my first fish caught at CBBT!

Pictures available at
http://www.tidalfish.com/boards2/vie...5722&id=256252