Vise lights

Old December 7th, 2005, 02:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default Vise lights

Frank Reid wrote:
Ott light
http://www.ottlite.com/productsview....gory=truecolor

If you're in the US, go to Joanns fabrics, and sign up for their flyer. You
will soon get a 50% off coupon good for 1 item. Use it to buy the light.
Then again, the have them on sale on their web page right now for 40% off.
http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?C...term=ott_light

--
Frank Reid

I think Frank Reid is giving you pretty good advise here. At last
Saturday's meeting of The Roadkill Roundtable, there were six of us
tying when a couple that ties with us on occasion showed up and Diane
noted that she and her husband were the only ones not using an Ott
Light. Others have told me of the claim about the better kind of light
that they produce. I have doubts about that . I use it because it fits
well in the briefcase that I carry my tying stuff in when tying away
from my house for the day and the fact that I have been using it for a
few years now and have not gone off and left it in a motel room and
have not figured out a way to break it. I have broken several other
lights thru the years and left one other in a motel room.

Big Dale

Old April 8th, 2011, 11:58 PM
lerryboshman lerryboshman is offline
Junior Member

Functionally, the McKenzie is very good. Direction around the light bulb cover is difficult, this folder is open directional well, because it is flexible arm screws. Mine stopped at the point of rotation discussed, sufficient to prevent where I want it.